Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My daughter attended first grade here for 3 days before I pulled her out to go back to her private school. I was incredibly concerned that for the first 3 days of first grade all they did was learn about colors.. First red then yellow then blue. I understand that the level of education was going to be less that a private school but I was SHOCKED to find out how different it was. My daughter also mentioned that after lunch and recess they do a 20 minute quite time where they put their heads on their desks with the lights out which seems unnecessary. Maybe I just didn't give the school enough time but I couldn't stomach sending her to school one more day to be taught about colors which I would say most kids have down by the time they are 3. The school seemed safe and clean. My only concerns were with the curriculum and level of education.

There is a strong PTA at this school and a lot of volunteer support. This year there will be a fine arts teacher for all grades- so that's exciting. My child is in 2nd grade this year. Last year the experience was been positive, and this year is looking good too. Class sizes have been close to 30 which is not ideal, but for a public school, it's pretty great.

Quail Hollow has changed so much this year! In years past I have been fortunate to work with some of the best teachers and principles I've ever known. They are fortunate that a few still remain. Unfortunately with the oversight in place and the complacency of the people in the current offices, I feel they are failing our precious children. To the extent that it is beginning to appear deliberate. With that being said I refuse to be a passive parent, our children are our future. I have taken my concerns with this school to the district . As well as our Senator Mike Lee after my concerns failed to be corrected by speaking with numerous staff numerous times with blatant disregard. I won't stop until the injustices to our precious children stop. If anyone needs assistance on navigating the school system and what they are allowed to do, I will have a page with resources, contacts and policies up by the first of next week. Ourchildrensadvocates.

I would like to see Canyons District invest more in disabled kids. The teachers at this school are nice but don't seem to have the resources or training to deal with special needs kids. Adult supervision before/after school is lacking (only at front of the school) despite bulk of classrooms at back of the school and a back entrance to the school grounds. Good test scores but school lacking in alot of other areas beginning at the top. Think twice before choosing this school.

I would like to see the Canyons School District invest more resources in Visual Arts and Music education at the elementary school grade level, beginning at 4th grade. The teachers could use the time their students are in Visual Art and Music class to plan. Teachers are enthusiastic. Substitutes are used too frequently, in my opinion, while covering for teachers when the teachers take several hours per week for planning outside the classroom.

I really enjoy Quail Hollow. They are a group of caring and genuine teachers, and the principal is great too. I would love to see more art and creativity worked into the classrooms. However I do feel the core curriculum to be fair and complete. I am excited to have my son complete elementary here. It is also an added bonus that the Albion Junior High is located across the street from Quail Hollow, so all the friends he has made will go with him into junior high.

Last modified Quail Hollow School is a Public school that serves grades K-6