No rating

Blessed Sacrament School

Private | PK-8

Living in Sandy

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $282,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,160.

Posted October 25, 2013

As a graduate of Blessed Sacrament School and now in the public school system, I feel that Blessed Sacrament has prepared me for all the obstacles in life. The teaching staff at Blessed Sacrament were always helpful not just with learning but other advice. I always felt safe and loved. At Blessed Sacrament School, you are a family, not simply another student. I encourage you to look into sending your student to Blessed Sacrament School.

Posted February 27, 2013

This is my child's first year at Blessed Sacrament. It has been a lifesaver for him. He was at another school in Draper and he had the most difficult time. He was pushed around by other kids and nothing was ever done about it. They were mean and so unkind. Blessed Sacrament has made such a huge difference. He is happy. He enjoys school. He enjoys all the activities. The other kids are happy and accepting. Thanks to everyone for making us feel so welcome. The staff and faculty have been terrific. The school has so many things to offer. Their math and science programs are interesting. I can't believe how much he has learned and how he continues to do so. If you are unhappy at the school you are at, visit Blessed Sacrament. You will not be sorry.

Posted February 26, 2013

Blessed Sacrament School is a great school, not only for the high academic level of education our children receive but also because the parents are treated with respect and consideration. School staff and teachers understand that parents are busy with sometimes crazy schedules and don't want us to feel overwhelmed with massive amounts of information or underwhelmed by too little information. The school utilizes a weekly parent announcement newsletter system. We are asked to provide an email address (which is kept private) and they email the communication directly to us each week. The newsletter is also posted permanently on the school website. The wonderful weekly newsletter has just the right amount of content for you to be informed and made aware of pertinent events at the school. We love it because is accurate, well written and gets to the point. Keep up with the good work.

Posted February 25, 2013

Blessed Sacrament School is a wonderful experience. If your child attends, you will have opened a whole new world for him/her and yourself. From Pre-K to Eighth grade, is an unique experience continually changing and expanding to help your child grow. The faculty and staff are here to for your child. The open door policy is just that - open door. Any time you have a question, concern, or whatever it may be...you are welcome. I have also said the "welcome" mat is out for everyone. Take a break one day and drop by and see what your child is doing. You will be taken back by how much they do and learn each and every day. Congratulations Blessed Sacrament school - you are a winner in my book!

Posted February 25, 2013

Thank you Blessed Sacrament! Thank you for sharing what you had with my children! They enjoyed the science fairs, the county fairs, the choir, the sports, the classrooms, the teachers, the friends they made. You opened up their world to literature, music, math, computers. They shared their faith with others. They prayed, they sang, they laughed. They are ready for high school. They are ready for college. They are ready to share what they know with everyone! Thank you Blessed Sacrament for being the special place you are. Thank you to the faculty and staff. Thank you to the aids and volunteers. Each contributed something to my children. It's easy in this day and age to only verbalize the negativity but verbalizing the positive is important too. It's easy to complain but it's easier to say THANK YOU. Blessed Sacrament School you had such an impact on my entire family. Again, THANK YOU!!!

Posted February 25, 2013

Compliments are always the last to be heard. We as parents, family, and former students need to let the schools, we attended, know how much we appreciated what they did for us and our children. Blessed Sacrament is a perfect example of a wonderful community. Over the years, they have grown, made changes to continue to grow positively. They have impacted so many lives in so many wonderful ways. I feel fortunate my children are part of this community. I know that if they attended any other school they would not get half as much as they do here at Blessed Sacrament. Stuff happens that is everyday living. If you have a problem or concern, call - go in and talk with administration. No one is turned away. They will listen and try to work out what's happening. The school is here for our kids. Let's support the school, the faculty/staff. Let's make it the place your kids will always remember. Let's be the Blessed Sacrament School voice. Parents tell your kids how grateful you are they attend Blessed Sacrament School. They need to hear you say that! Go Blessed Sacrament School.

Posted January 6, 2013

This school has serious problems. Bullying is at the top of the list. The newer principal has zero teaching experience and no principal experience. He also has poor skills in social behavior, such as making eye contact. He has been there about two years. The school sends out newsletters and emails that are full of grammatical and spelling errors. Of the many parents I have talked with, none of them felt their children learned anything in second or fourth grades. Some of the best teachers were let go by the new principal, the terrible fourth grade teacher is still there. Nice neighborhood, nice families, bad school, bad principal. We left and love our new school. The staff is so intelligent and experienced at the new school, what a wonderful change in so many ways. I recommend St. John's, St. Vincent's, Challenger or the public school Brookwood gets high ratings in this area.

Posted October 29, 2012

Blessed Sacrament is an incredible school. If you are looking for a school to prepare your children for high school and college this is a great school. To me, in addition to the education you get, the school teaches dignitiy and respect to the children. The children are respectful and polite to people. The teachers are top notch and love the students. My kids love the school and I am blessed to have them there. They have learned so much and are going up to be very nice young men.

Posted July 6, 2012

This was a very good school and came highly recommended. My kids had a good time here and Iliked the school. However, a changing of the guard has caused an exodus from this school over the last year. Before you commit to this school, you might ask the principal what his qualifications are for being an education leader and have him describe his conflict resolution process. Because of him and his actions, many of us old timers are unhappy and are moving our children to other schools.

Posted August 30, 2011

As a previous student, now at Juan Diego, I am so happy that I went to Blessed Sacrament. I look around at my fellow classmates and notice that more than 75% of my class from Blessed Sacrament are in Honors and AP classes. Our student body president this year is a Blessed Sacrament graduate. Yes, it can feel a little small at times but overall the education is challenging and it definitely prepared me for high school well. It is a fantastic school and I would seriously consider looking into for your children before St. John's. Blessed Sacrament's learning and social environment is extremely better than St. John's.

Posted May 13, 2011

Blessed Sacrament provides an excellent education for students Pre-K through 8th grade. My two children both attended Blessed Sacrament from Pre-K through 8th grade. They both excelled at Juan Diego Catholic High School, and my son just completed his junior year at Westminster College with an impressive GPA. My daughter will attend the U of U this fall, and was offered a $14,000/yr. scholarship at Westminster. Very few Blessed Sacrament students are enrolled in the Drexel Program at Juan Diego. Approx. 10% of our population have learning disabilities. The Drexel Program provides academic support for 2 or 3 students from Blessed Sacrament each year, which is at or below 10%. There is very little teacher turnover, and Catholic/Christian Values are a very important aspect at this school. Students receive instruction in religion daily, and each grade attends Mass weekly. I have been involved with this school for over 17 years, and know the facts. I have absolutely no reason to give this school a higher rating than they deserve. I thank Blessed Sacrament School for being such a positive factor in my children's lives.

Posted February 22, 2011

Blessed Sacrament is a wonderful school. The students receive a solid, well-rounded education. The teachers instill a love of learning and they have high standards. My child recently scored at or above level in English, Mathematics, Reading, and Science on the EXPLORE College Readiness Benchmark Test. In addition to high academics, the school also develops character formation. My child has enjoyed many of the activities the school offers, such as Ski/Snowboard Program, Choir, Volleyball, Basketball, Student Council, Middle School Dances, and Diocesan Science Fairs. Blessed Sacrament is a great school. I am very pleased in my decision of choosing this school for my child for the last eight years.

Posted February 17, 2011

I was surprised to read the negative comments on Blessed Sacrament School. I am the parent of two alumni of Blessed Sacrament. One went on to graduate from Juan Diego Catholic High School as a National Merit Scholar and was in the top of her class. The other is currently a sophomore at Juan Diego and on the honor roll. Both children came out of Blessed Sacrament School well prepared to succeed at high school and in life. They benefited from the small classes as they provided individual attention and a sense of community. The tenured teachers participate in professional education days twice a year and are constantly adjusting their teaching methods and challenging the students to learn in new ways. The fact that they continue to teach at Blessed Sacrament shows a love and dedication to the students and the school. We have to remember there will be incidents such as inappropriate language or bullying anywhere, but the teachers and principal at Blessed Sacrament School address these behaviors as soon as they are brought to their attention and continue to monitor situations in order to insure Catholic values are evident in the school.

Posted January 28, 2011

I would NOT recomment this school. This is a very small school. If your child doesn t bond with their teacher, they will have to suffer for the entire school year because there is only one class per grade. The tenured teachers are given a free pass and they use 20 year old lesson plans. There are allot of children that use inappropriate language, so your child may come home talking like a sailor. There is a bullying problem at the school and nothing is done to address it. This is a catholic school in name only; they do not instill catholic values.

Posted November 1, 2010

I would recommend Blessed Sacrament School to everyone. I am the parent of two alumni who excelled at Judge Memorial and who are currently excelling at the University of Utah. Blessed Sacrament nurtures the whole child in faith, academics, and character. They were named a 2010 Utah State School of Character and are the recipient of 3 National Promising Practice Awards in Character Education. The teachers are all tenured with 3-23 years of experience.

Posted August 17, 2010

I would not recommend Blessed, public school is a much better option for academics and morals. It has a high turnover and is renown for bullying. Most students from Blessed Sacrament are put in the Drexel Program at Juan Diego.

Posted February 4, 2010

I have been thoroughly impressed with this school. My child has learned a tremendous amount, the school seems to run like a well oiled machine and I have no complaints. The only thing I would like to see is all day Kindergarten, but I understand that half day=more students, more students=more money. Sad, but true.

Posted September 3, 2006

Blessed Sacrament is an excellent little school with teachers and faculty that go above and beyond the call of duty. Of course there is bullying and cliquishness but very little - all schools are a reflection of the community they draw from. It is human nature and Blessed Sacraments Staff corrects these problems well often with lifelong lessons taught. A great percentage of their graduating students excel in high school and progress to their college education. Blessed Sacrament should be proud of their positive impact on so many good kids.

Posted July 11, 2006

Alot of parent involvment. Bullying at school not addressed appropiately, tendancy to denial that it exists. Alot of clickiness amongst parents and children which makes others feel as outsiders. In general though teaching is good. They do have an accelerated learning program.

Posted September 9, 2003

School has new administrator (previous asst. adminstrator) so things should go as well as they have in the past without too many changes.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Salt Lake

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1745 East 9800 South