Posted January 13, 2015
My son started Waterford in Nursery Three s and he is now in third grade. The Nursery teachers have instilled a love of learning and the confidence to explore his own intrinsic gifts. Although the Waterford preschool has a rich curriculum, the teachers identify each child s level of learning and then they challenge and enrich children on their own level -- without creating unnecessary feelings of classroom competition. My son still adores his Nursery teachers and with the foundation of confidence that they built in him, he thrives at Waterford.

Posted January 08, 2015
The opportunities for exploration, learning, and growth at Waterford are truly remarkable. The class sizes are small and teaching is discussion-based, but there is so much more to it than that. The teachers connect with the students in a way that encourages them to give their very best in all subjects. My children have found their learning to be meaningful and have gained academic confidence through their classwork at Waterford. Their years at Waterford are happy and fulfilling. They cherish their Waterford education and recognize the advantages it gives them in college and beyond. Waterford is an outstanding school in every way.

Posted December 11, 2014
We LOVE this school, its remarkable faculty, leaders and the parent community. The Waterford School is an amazing institution solidly grounded on the principles of a liberal arts education. We have four children and each has been enriched by their own personal experiences at at Waterford. Our college student still refers to her Waterford classmates with awe. She is loving her college experience, but she finds a true grounding and inspiration in the quality of people she connected with while at Waterford. She also compares every teacher to her Waterford teachers, they have set a high caliber bar. Fans of public school, we originally came to Waterford for what we thought would be just one year, after moving to Utah. We quickly fell in love with the depth and breadth of the academic program and the arts. Waterford is an institution that is constantly refining, building vertical curriculum and thinking forward. If you are studying the planets in science, often history, math and art will correlate. With a 32-year history, the school is on solid footing and looks forward with vigor to an exciting future. We are thrilled to be a part of that future!

Posted November 24, 2014
Waterford School is truly an experience. The school has done a fantastic job blending academic rigor and exploratory learning and has created an environment that cultivates development of the whole child. Yes, the school is an investment, but in our experience over almost 13 years we ve seen first hand how children thrive at Waterford School in a way they simply couldn t anywhere else.

Posted November 21, 2014
We have two children ages 10 and 11 and strongly recommend the Waterford School to parents searching for the best school for their family. When we relocated from the Bay Area in California, Waterford stood out to us as by far the best private school in the Salt Lake Valley and we believe that Waterford compares favorably to top private schools anywhere in the country. Our children are very happy at Waterford and, as parents, there is nothing better than having happy children. The variety of enriching experiences our children have at Waterford is remarkable, but when asked what they love most about Waterford, our children quickly said in unison, 'the teachers!" We agree. The teachers at Waterford seem to be able to find what is unique and special about each child and bring out what is best in them. We feel lucky to have our children learning and growing in such an amazing environment.

Posted November 12, 2014
Waterford is a special place. The breadth and depth of education and experiences students receive impresses me every time I visit the school -- year after year. We chose Waterford in 2002 and believe it's one of the best decisions we've made as parents. We relocated from Colorado, having never been to Utah. Over the years we've had job opportunities in a few of the western states. After visiting other independent schools, we felt so strongly about the education received and time spent at Waterford, that we've chosen to stay put...because of Waterford. Our sons have an enthusiasm about a variety of subjects: Latin, AP Chemistry, Orchestra, Chinese, Human Geography, Robotics, Science, Crew, P.E., etc, and I could go on. They're truly life-long learners and are better, more complete, and on their way to wholeness as human beings because of their Waterford education. I encourage any family to schedule a campus tour and see if the school is a good fit for their student(s).

Posted November 11, 2014
Our family moved to Salt Lake about 13 years ago. We were looking for a private school for our three grade- school age kids, and even though we had choices, Waterford felt the best for us. The reasons were many why Waterford was the best choice for us. Here are just a few: a generous liberal arts program, low student-teacher ratio, outstanding faculty, specific teachers for science, computers, music, PE and dance, a beautiful campus in a suburban setting and, maybe best of all, uniforms :) Two of the three have graduated now (one on the east coast and one on the west coast) and both are doing extremely well. Waterford did a great job in preparing them not only for their college academics, but also for the time management and self motivation that it takes to be successful. Thank you Waterford! We couldn't be more grateful.

Posted September 05, 2013
Waterford provides an inspiring environment for learning in academics, the arts and athletics. The typical Waterford student discovers skills and passions they didn't even know they had. Spectacular faculty! Students learn how to think and explore and discover. Must visit to experience this first hand.

Posted May 27, 2012
Waterford is a unique place, where students are provided a broad array of opportunities and challenges by world-class faculty. My children have very different needs and interests, and Waterford has the breadth to respond to my children individually and the depth to challenge them personally. I encourage anyone considering applying to the school to take a tour--you will be glad you did.

Posted April 19, 2012
... (continued from previous post)... to a second place finish in the 1A tournament. Waterford didn't require any tradeoffs. I could be on the baseball team without having devoted my whole life to baseball. I could get great attention in English Literature classes and still play soccer at night. Waterford allowed me to live a well-rounded, full life (even though I didn't take full advantage of it at the time) that I try to replicate today. I'm now about to enter one of the top law schools in the country, but, in Waterford spirit, I still am devoted to intramural sports, theater groups, and other activities that allow me live life to its fullest. If I could send my hypothetical child anywhere, I would send him to Andover, Exeter, Deerfield, or Choate. But if I had to send him somewhere west of the Mississippi, I would strongly consider Waterford Waterford encourages academic excellence and a fully developed life. Stephen Richer Waterford Student, 1988-2003

The Waterford School