Posted June 28, 2014
Our biggest fear about moving to Utah from the east coast was the quality of education. When we found Challenger, all of our worries disappeared. Our children are stronger than ever, and they love going to school.

Posted May 17, 2014
The work is challenging but the teachers and school administrators are fair. My child is in the TOP 1% in the country on the standardized tests. Thank you Challenger.

Posted May 10, 2014
I love this school! The teachers and administrator helped me teach my children to be independent, happy, successful young adults. I don't know what I would have done without them.

Posted March 04, 2014
This school is in business becasue of their marketing prowess. Or really, I should say their marketing tenacity. NOT their ability to run a school. That apparently was a secondary strategy in running their school. The teachers and curriculum is probably deserve more than one star (3?), but the overall experience is barely even deserving of any stars. The administration is a complete joke. If this is your only option (we thought that was the case with us) then grit your teeth and the best of luck to you. BUT, if you are trying to decide between two schools do yourself a huge favor and pick the other one. It may not be much better but as the old adage goes "it can't be any worse!"

Posted February 07, 2014
My son currently attends kindergarten at the Holladay campus. He is my third child, but my first child to attend Challenger. I have been pleasantly surprised with how much he loves going to school each day. He had learned so much and enjoys sharing his newly found knowledge with our family. The teachers and staff are very friendly and enthusiastic about teaching and learning. My child is very creative and inquisitive and I feel like these characteristics are fostered at Challenger. If his eager enthusiasm to go to school each day is any indication of the quality of his school, then I highly recommend the kindergarten program at Holladay Challenger.

Posted September 26, 2013
I do not trust public review venues for this reason, 6 reviews in a short time period gives the impression one person was upset and posted several posting to give their point value. I recommend you go to Challenger, take a tour, and observe it firsthand. Those negative reviews are suspicious, and do not come close to describing the school.

Posted September 04, 2013
Wow. I posted the comment below this one BEFORE I read the other reviews! Coming from the teacher's perspective, if a teacher is yelling or being harsh, it is completely on that teacher. The style of teaching that Challenger promotes, encourages, and uses as training is patience and fun. In fact, the headmaster once told us that if he walks past a room and the kids aren't laughing, the teacher stinks. It was said in jest, but realistically, costumes are highly encouraged! Yes, Challenger's curriculum is accelerated and the teachers have their work cut out for them trying to give the students the education their parents are paying for. However, at every staff meeting and at all training, management ALWAYS brings up the reminder to HAVE FUN! It really is a big part of Challenger's whole philosophy. Please keep that in mind when looking at the school. There are good teachers and bad everywhere.

Posted July 20, 2013
To the person who posted on July 9, 2013, who did you have for the kindergarten teacher. We had Mrs. Amerson and Ms. Lindsey and they were wonderful. For preschool, we had Ms. Roberta and Ms. Karen and they were also wonderful. And no, I am not a parent who is getting a discounted rate for my children.

Posted July 19, 2013
Parents who are thinking about enrolling their children at the Challenger location in Sandy: please DON'T. I could go on and on and detail every single problem/flaw I noticed/had with the Sandy campus. But then this review would get too long. Long story short, the Sandy preschool campus is overcrowded; my daughter never got to know her teachers well; not even her classmates. She started telling me that she "hated" Challenger school and that she didn't want to go to school anymore (something that had never happened in the previous campus). I agree with other reviewers who said their children became like "zombies". The Sandy campus does an excellent job in turning your child from a happy human to a sad zombie. My daughter is currently enrolled in their summer program but I decided to let go of the 2 remaining weeks before the session is over. I can't stand the Sandy campus anymore. I will NEVER send my daughter there again. My other child will be in preschool age next year and he will be lucky to have never stepped a foot in your school. I've told my sister already not to enroll my niece at Challenger for next Fall either. Please don't make the same mistake I made.

Posted July 09, 2013
Very disappointed! This school is poorly run! This school may have been good years ago, but not now. It is safe to stay this school is still living off of good will from the past. The teachers are over-worked and under-paid. The teachers and administration use fear to attempt to teach. Students are coerced daily! The teachers and administrators do not take responsibility for their actions and are always trying to pass blame to the students or parents. Unfortunately, many parents don't learn the truth about this horrible school until after they have had their children enrolled for a while. This school breaks hope, spirit and confidence of all its students. The longer a child is at this school, the more zombie-like they become. We had a child at this school for about 9 months. Hopefully the negative impact will not be long lasting. Very sad!

Challenger School - Sandy Elementary School
10693 S 1000 E, Sandy, UT  84094
Last modified Challenger School - Sandy Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades 1-8
Challenger School - Sandy Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top