443 students|Cs Lewis Academy

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

As part of the Nebo Comfort Systems Community of Caring program, our employees go in to CS Lewis Academy in Santaquin each month to read with the kindergarten classes. We love the feeling that surrounds us from the moment we enter the school. Everyone, from teachers and lunch ladies to techs and administrators, are always working hard to create a supportive, nurturing environment for the students. They are truly committed to making learning a fun and enriching experience.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Kindergarten can set the tone for a child's entire educational experience. Mrs. Craner is a remarkable teacher that shares her love of learning with her students. Her classroom is the perfect start to her student's educational careers.

-Leveled learning helps every student to succeed. -We love the regular PE, Math and Spanish classes. We also love the 3 recesses a day. -They do not ignore their mission statement. every teacher and class (even music) uses literature in their lessons. from the first day of kindergarten students are expected to read and write daily. -Teachers genuinely care for their students and want them to succeed. They have high energy and enthusiasm. They also LOVE parent volunteers. -Administration staff is wonderful! Director Mrs. Nelson is always working to make her school better. She knows the students and the students are happy to approach her. She listens to concerns of parents and immediately takes action as needed -School board and pto work hours every week to provide the best opportunities for the school its students. They leave no stone unturned as they look for solutions to problems and opportunities for teachers and students. -The school itself is bright and welcoming to be in. They also have a "locked campus" which comforts me during the day knowing that no unwanted visitors will be allowed entry to the school. They do question anyone unfamiliar who buzzes in for entry and require every visitor to sign in. -I have been combing my mind trying to think of something negative I could add to this review, and honestly, I cannot think of something. Because of my past experiences I believe that if I did think of something negative and went to the school board, PTO or administration, that they would take action to fix anything that needed to be without delay. We have loved our time spent at this school for kindergarten and first grade.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are so enthusiastic and excited to teach. They are warm and welcoming. The students want to succeed because their teachers genuinely care for them.

Amount of homework: Agree

For kindergarten and 1st grade my child has been expected to read minimum 20 minutes each day and write something short about what she read. Sometimes there is a short math worksheet.

C.S.Lewis Academy is a wonderful school. The new Administration has such a passion for helping the students, teachers and parents all thrive. The teachers put their heart into helping each and every child succeed. C.S. Lewis Academy is a free public charter school in Santaquin. They offer Spanish for all students, leveled learning, small class sizes, a music program, full-day and half-day kindergarten, electives for 3-6th and so much more! My children have all gone above and beyond my expectations for them, a huge part of this is due to all the support they get through the staff.

They have great teachers and staff that are passionate about teaching and helping the students improve. They teach Spanish and Music to all students. They have small class sizes, leveled learning and individualized instruction. They do electives for 3-6th grades.

I was surprised to see this school get such a low rating on this site. I have had two children attend here and they both did very well. Our son has thrived in the smaller class size and enjoys the uniforms. Our daughter only went for one year there and asked to go back to Orchard Hills because she likes the larger classes and hated the uniforms, but once there again she realized that she had passed the other students in Math and was going over things she already had learned at CS Lewis Academy. I don't think that Charter Schools are everbody, but in my opinion CS Lewis has been a great option for our kids and we will be having a kindergartner attend there this fall.

This school is Horrible... Teachers are bullies and the Principle is worse. They call the kids names and bully them. I took our children out ASAP when they started in on my youngest. Tons of parents have taken their children out since. Do not put your children in this school unless you want them to be bullied.

This school had great promise at the beginning but poor administration has nearly ruined. Enrollment is struggling and the programs are constantly changing. The teachers are great though.

Last modified Cs Lewis Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.