968 students|Lakeview Academy

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Lakeview Academy has not been an awfully good experience, but not a terrible one either. It is certainly much better than Frontier Middle School, the school where i have seen people spell the word "doctor" D-O-C-T-E-R and "middle" M-I-D-L-E. The one complaint I have regarding their educational system is that Language Arts and Social Studies are not on A and B days, unlike Science and Mathematics. For the most part, the teachers are great. Lakeview asks for a lot of money, so be prepared for that. They seem to try to manipulate your kids into making you pay too. Some examples include skits to show kids who to ask for when getting money for the "Jogathon" and previews of the upcoming play. They tell kids to ask grandparents, neighbors, parents, and more to donate money for the "Jogathon". They really wring out as much money as possible. The rules are strict, including a new, seemingly pointless rule declaring that children in middle school (and strangely enough, ONLY middle school) cannot wear hoodies during school unless they buy hoodies from the school. The rules are a little strange sometimes, but strict rules are to be expected at a charter school, and, as far as I can tell, there was no real harm done from the rule mentioned above. The final complaint I have pertains to their lunch schedule and layout. Last school year, lunch was fine and there weren't really any problems, but this year they have drastically changed lunch. It used to be that half of the middle school children went to lunch first, then the other half went to lunch second, but now Lakeview Academy is trying to cram all of the middle school children into their one, fairly small lunchroom. This not only makes a ton of noise, it also makes the lunch lined COLOSSAL. They literally wrap around the hallways. It has been weeks since the administrators have implemented this clearly awful new policy, yet they still have not changed it! They actually have four people there just for giving kids lunch trays! All in all, you shouldn't have expected much, as Utah is ranked dead last in America in terms of monetary spending on education, but Lakeview Academy definitely has more to be desired.

Effective school leaders: Neutral

Too many rules that are too strict for my taste, but most students seem to get along with it just fine.

Develops character: Neutral

They don't really do much to influence it either way.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Physical Education is the only real exception.

Amount of homework: Agree

For the most part, homework is reasonable. The only exception is Mathematics.

We had serious problems with the administration and special education staff. They were incompetent, rude, and unprofessional. I don't believe they cared about my child and his success at school. They don't know what they are doing and aren't nice about it. If you have a child with any special needs (speech therapy, anxiety, autism, etc) or that might have them in the future, don't go here. {We did like the teacher and had no complaints about her!}

This School is amazing. When you have a child that struggles or a child the excels, they will accommodate and provide what they need to succeed or feel challenged. We have a Space Simulator, which my children love learning through that, it is amazing. I love that every class has a teachers aide so the ratio for students to teacher is less. The staff is amazing and when you need something, they are very good about assisting you. The Drama club is amazing, If you have not seen the plays they put on you should. Very High Quality!

ThaNk you LAKEVIEW! Your schedule has perfected and yOUVE GIVen ME ENOUGH TiME 2 DiVoRce my HUSBAND!

I like watching from my van! QUALITY PLACE I MUST SAY! Swag 1 2 3 4 5 6

This is our first year at Lakeview Academy Charter school; we are so glad we registered to attend! The teachers and staff care about the students and have taken the time to get to know each of my children. The director has been a huge influence to all my children. I volunteer often and have seen the programs that are available as well as the approach to teaching. It has met and exceeded my expectations to help each student succeed, giving them an opportunity to excel! I am so grateful I looked into this school when we moved from out of state. Small class sizes are also a huge plus. It is the best fit for our family!

Last modified Lakeview Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.