Posted September 08, 2014
Amazing school. I wrote loads more, but when I tried to post it GreatSchools erased it, so that's all I'm saying.

Posted January 10, 2014
Great teaching style, I wouldn't leave here for anything. no bullying, personal relationships with teachers. If you need more or less of a challenge in any of your classes just ask and the mentors will accommodate because they really want to see you succeed. Don't listen to the bad reviews on this website! Come and see for yourself this amazing opportunity all he students here have.

Paradigm High School 2

Posted October 26, 2013
I am a student who had to leave mid semester because I was just so unhappy that I wasn't learning. There are a few "mentors" there who are great and know how to teach and direct a class but the rest of them lack teaching skills. And can't control a class. The class pretty much ends up the students break off into groups and talk. A lot of the mentors teach what they think and their beliefs. Then the math program is just bad. You pretty much need to know how to self teach yourself. I am now very behind in math and I have to play catch up. The energy at paradigm is great but education wise it lacks.

Posted August 21, 2013
Everyone was helpful. None of my previous high schools gave me the help or inspiration that this school did. My councilor constantly went out of her way to help me succeed. The classes are smaller than a traditional high school, and that itself allows more room for personal and academic growth. This school helped shape me more for what I wanted to be as compared to most high schools that make you take required classes that get you nowhere closer to your desired career. As far as the social climate goes, there is really no problem with bullying. There were kids who maybe took things a little too far or seriously, but there was nothing physical, and those were very rare. I also made some very good friends while I was there, and I still keep in contact with a lot of them (2 years after I went there). If you are looking for a school for high opportunities in sports, this is not the place. The band isn't the best, a good portion of the students that go here come from homeschooled backgrounds or struggled with other schools, and there is a dress code. If you don't mind any of this, then you will love this school.

Posted September 19, 2011
My son was struggling with our local middle school (not with grades, but with the atmosphere). He is much more serious and absolutely NOT a traditional sports guy. We began looking at other options for him for high school. We found Paradigm and got in. That was hands down the best decision we have ever made for his education. We absolutely adore how they do their core classes. You often have multiple classes/credits together in one class (such as Novel Writing, Totalitarian Dictatorships, or Nature as Classics). So, when you have to write an essay it is for your history or foreign language class as well. They focus on leadership and responsibility. It is a small school and the teachers are referred to as mentors, which is truly how they approach their jobs. My husband is facing perhaps having to take a job out of state. The thought of having to leave Paradigm is what is holding us here the strongest. We would be SOO sad if we had to leave. You don't even understand. We know a young man who takes public transportation more than 2 hours ONE way to attend Paradigm. We know another young man whose family is moving to Utah simply so he can attend Paradigm.

Paradigm High School 0

Posted August 30, 2009
Math and science programs are not nearly as rigorous as they should be. Faculty is kind, but the need to set higher expectations for students.

Paradigm High School
11577 South 3600 West, South Jordan, UT  84095
Last modified Paradigm High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paradigm High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top