482 students|Jordan District

Bad
Good

Posted August 07, 2013
Valley High School changed my life. I dropped out of Alta High mid junior year because i was depressed and I didn't feel accepted there. By teachers OR students. I eventually fell so far behind that it was impossible for me to catch up. I decided I was never going to school again. But then a friend pushed me to register for the last quarter of Valley, after not going to school at all for a couple months. So I went to registration and I got my classes. The first day came around and I was pretty nervous, but the second I walked in the door ( and i mean literally the second i walked in) someone complimented my hair. That whole day was full of meeting genuine and caring people, Even the teachers! It blew me away. I finished that quarter with all A's and B's, went to summer school, and senior year. I am now on my way to Entrada to finish my credits, and it's all thanks to Valley. They not only made me feel accepted but they showed me that I COULD be responsible and pass my classes, all it took was a positive outlook on school. But I would never have had that outlook without the amazing people, settup and environment of Valley. Plus, no school on fridays EVER.(: it's the best. <3

Posted April 14, 2009
Valley High is the best thing that ever happened to me. I would be lost without all of the staff's support, as well as the acceptance of all of my peers. Thanks to everyone at Valley

Posted March 01, 2005
In the two years that ive been here, i have had some of the best experiences of my life. The teachers are so caring, its unreal. When i first came to Valley, i had heard all of the bad things that 'supposedly' happen at this school. Surprise, surprise, none of those rumors have ever turned out to be true. You hear that all Valley kids are drug addicts, pregnant women and/or losers. This is very far from the truth. Even the teachers will tell you. Honestly, im proud to be going to Valley. It really makes you take responsability for your actions and gives you a swift wake-up call to reality. The best part is, the teachers and staff are right there with you 100% the entire way. If Valley didnt exsist, i truely have no clue where i would be right now.

Posted November 28, 2004
This school is a lifesaver for my daughter! if it weren't for valley and it's caring for their students, my daughter wouldn't have graduated. I recommend it to any student in danger of not graduating. The negative reputation that goes along with it is very inaccurate. Wonderful experiences with valley!

Posted June 24, 2004
This school has the most caring, involved teachers and staff that I have ever met. They take a special interest in each student and take the time to help them set and achieve their goals. They have many rules, and I was delighted to find out they actually enforce each rule; they are not idle threats! I was shocked the first time one of the teachers called our home to find out why my daughter missed school. Prior to this all I received was a machine calling and telling me she was absent. The teacher really cared! She was concerned because attendance is very important at Valley. She reminded her of the consequences for absent days. My daughter learned more in her short time at Valley High School than she learned in the four years prior, added together. I highly recommend Valley to any student that truly wants to learn and graduate!

Posted May 13, 2004
This is the best school out there, they work with the students on a personal level to help them graduate.

Valley High School