785 students|Jordan District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted September 17, 2015
Ever since my son William Amodt came to this school, he has excelled tremendously in all aspects of education. Mr. Ichamura is the best principal, he is kind and loving towards all the students. Mrs. Hansen is understanding, compassionate and the best teacher any student could be fortunate to get.

Posted March 04, 2015
I have two kids permitted into this school. I love it! The principal is always visible when I drop off my kids in theorning. He is giving high fives and hello's to many kids as they walk by him. He seems to have a feel for how to manage the school and is aware of what is going on outside the office. The teachers have been wonderful. We have a new teacher this year I am not totally excited about with classroom management, but you will get good and not so good teachers everywhere. The office staff is so nice and always helpful. I enjoy volunteering and as a. Certified teacher myself I would love working in thi s kind of environment. Clean, organized, good communication from school to home.

Posted February 19, 2015
I have had children in this school for four years. We have hit each and every grade. I love this school. In the past we had issues with some teachers however all but one of those teachers are no longer at Elk Meadows. All of the best teachers we have had are still here! The new teachers that have been hired are incredible. My son has one of the new teachers this year and she has accomplished what I thought would be impossible for my son. Our Principal is amazing. The kids love him. He is great to talk to. He works hard and has really done a lot to improve the school. There are a lot of parent volunteers. A few times, while passing through the office, I've heard visitors comment on how involved the parents appear to be. And the office staff is friendly.

Posted April 02, 2011
I have my 2 kids on permit to go to this school. I have really been impressed with the principal. He is very good with the kids and parents. He takes care of problems RIGHT when they come up and doesn't just write them down and forget about them. My kids both love their teachers and the teachers really work hard doing ALL that is required of them. I volenteer every week in each of my kids classes and there seems to be a lot of parent involvement as well. The 2 ladies in the office have never been anything but kind and nice to me. The main reason I switched my kids to this school was because they were not getting the help they deserved at our neighborhood school. My 3rd grader has really improved her reading because they give her the extra help that she needs.

Posted June 30, 2009
I have 3 children who have all attended Elk Meadows and 2 of the children are twins, so we have had a lot of experience with the teachers and I will say we have had amazing teachers, we have not experienced any issues and have loved all of them. I will agree with several of the comments about the office staff, they are very rude, one in particular, I have seen them be very rude and to not only the children but to parents and the teaching staff. Other than that, we are very pleased with Elk Meadows

Posted January 07, 2008
During 3 years, between my 3 kids, we have had 9 teachers. All but one of them have been excellent. The teachers really make a difference, they set the tone in their classes. They have all helped my children love school, and their classes have been happy positive learning places. However, I am not thrilled with the office staff. They have been rude, and there is little to no communication from them.

Elk Meadows School 2

Posted July 23, 2007
The teachers are o.kay. Mrs Walter in kindergarten was very good and all in all, I think my child liked her. The office staff is horrible! Very rude. School starts wednesday and I still have not yet recieved a school calendar for the year, I dont know what room my childs class will be in, and when I have gone in to ask anything from am I registering at the right school for our boundaries to can I get a calendar it turns into pulling teeth just to get an answer out of them.

Posted August 11, 2006
I have a child going into 2nd grade. The two teachers she has had were great. They really helped her to love school. They also were great in helping us with some issues with our daughter. But I have to agree with the previous comment about the principal. He does not realize how important helping the children through issues while they are young, so they don't start out with bad habits. The tracks are also not very flexible. Every two years the children have to change tracks and to keep your child on the same track is a fight/nightmare. But overall the school is a great school with great teachers. The teachers make the school a warm and inviting enviroment.

Posted January 11, 2005
This is a good school. The principal seems to be involved with the kids, my third grader really likes him. I do know of some parents who have had problems with the principal not understanding the special needs of their children. Thats why I give him a 4. I have to say that I have mixed feelings about the teachers. Out of the five teachers we have had, Two have been amazing, two have been not that great, and one was absolutely terrible. Many parents complained about her lack of ability to teach. Talking to other parents they agree with me when I say; getting a good teacher at this school is a lottery. About half of the teachers you fight to have your child out of their class. When you get one of the good ones it makes this school experience worth it.

Elk Meadows School
3448 West 9800 South, South Jordan, UT  84095
Last modified Elk Meadows School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elk Meadows School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top