Jordan Ridge School

Public | K-6

Posted May 25, 2014

The principal needs to retire. She has no regard for students, especially those with special needs/behavior issues. Teachers generally are good. I can hardly believe this school is rated a 9/10. I say that based on coming from out of state schools though. Perhaps for Utah this is a 9 school which really just shows how awful Utah schools are in general. Another huge issue that is not addressed at this school by the staff, principal and even at the district level is bullying. Suffice it to say that my child was both verbally and physically bullied, to the point of being slammed against a wall, kicked while standing in the lunch line, and thrown over a desk, all with NO consequence for the the child doing it. We moved our son to a charter school because of this. After talking with other parents, some had changed tracks because of bullying issues that had not been resolved. This is the principal and districts fault as I met with both of them and nothing was done to resolve our case. They say they have a "0 tolerance" policy, but they nowhere near enforce it. If you worry about your child being bullied because of being different, don't go here. Also front desk staff is still awful.

Posted May 20, 2014

We have a permit to this school. Teachers and kids are very nice. My girls love their teacher. School staff is well organized. Their school web page is well organized and has lots of useful information. If you are coming from a private school, I would suggest keeping your kids in the private school past kindergarten. My advanced 5 year old came home with a coloring page of #37 the other day. She is capable of doing much more..

Posted June 25, 2013

Jordan Ridge elementary is a great school. The teachers give a great deal of attention to the students and work hard to keep the students at grade level. I am very happy with Mrs. Anderson, she is a fantastic principle. My only issues are with the head secretary who has zero P.R. skills. She is rude and short with everyone. She would do better working in a college situation and not with children. Many mothers in my neighborhood agree, she is not the best fit for the school. Thank goodness the teachers are super. 6/ 26/13

Posted January 10, 2013

We moved into our home JUST to be able to attend this school and we haven't been disappointed one single bit. We have been here nearly 3 years now, love the school, love the teachers, love the staff and Principal. Mrs. Anderson (the principal) is easy to talk to, friendly and outgoing, and obviously loves her job. I am so proud to have our children attend this school, located in one of the safest communities, challenging yet age appropriate curriculum, and truly the best staff in town.

Posted May 26, 2012

I have worked at Jordan Ridge for eight years and I respect and love our principal, staff, and teachers. We work hard for the students and couldn't do anything without the huge support we receive from the PTA, SCC, and parents in our classrooms. I love working at Jordan Ridge and would enroll my kids here in a heartbeat.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 23, 2011

Worst principal. Unfriendly Staff. We have had a awful experience with this principal. The school is good, but the people that run it aren't. They are extremely rude and disrespectful to me.

Posted June 23, 2011

I absolutely LOVE this school. We've gone here for 5 years and would never consider going any where else. The principal and staff have always been approachable and responsive. They teach up to the children without leaving anyone behind. There are more extra programs and incentives for the children than I have seen at other local schools. My oldest son is now testing several years ahead in reading and when we transferred to this school he was a little behind. They have not only met but exceeded my expectations. My kids hate to miss a single day of school, I have to MAKE them stay home when they are sick. That says it all.

Posted April 13, 2011

One of the very best public schools in the valley. Home to the accelerated learning program which allows students to learn above grade level, but with peers of the same age. The school goes above and beyond to provide a variety of enrichment activities - particularly in the arts. Test scores are great and the school is very strong in their academics and high expectations. The front office has gotten a bad rap in the past, but I feel they have really stepped it up the last few years and started to become easier to work with and more approachable. Parent involvement is spectacular, which is probably why this school continues to be so successful. There is a great community feel and students are safe and treat each other kindly. Jordan Ridge really is one of a kind and we have loved all 5 years there, here's to many more!

Posted January 9, 2011

Last year I went to this school and had the worst experience ever. All my years before that were great, but now the school is just going downhill. My 6th grade teacher was cruel, and mean. I recommend not going to this school

Posted December 16, 2010

The school is great for academics and has incredible reading programs for children struggling with literacy. However, I too must admit that front office is heinous and unprofessional. They are in no way warm or caring towards parents or students, the way that you would expect from someone working with children. They are not helpful and when you call for assistance they seem to be more offended you actually made them work than helpful. Before moving to the area we had our son in a private elementary school and we have been pleased with the school overall in comparison. If it weren't for the office staff, I'd consider Jordan Ridge a 5.

Posted November 15, 2010

The teacher seems ok. I see how the school is good for very basic education, but as far as pushing for furthering students, they need some improvement. Before moving, I had my children in other schools to be able to compare the difference. As for the the front office staff, (the ones that give the first impression of the school) they are not helpful or welcoming! They are somewhat snooty. Not very willing to help. It has been a few times of needing assistance, and its always the same. When we had questions or needed help with something, they seemed to try and get out of doing their job, it seemed as though they were too lazy to put in effort with helping with what they were supposed to help with. With the exception of the secretary behind the front two ladies, she is helpful and knowledgeable, too bad she is not the front line. Both my husband and I have a bad taste for the school because of the front office staff, but right now we dont have much choice. We are hoping that something changes, otherwise, we will be pulling out our children as soon as we can. Forbid they reflect the same towards the students.

Posted August 15, 2010

Jordan Ridge is excellent in every way. Our children love their teachers and enjoy learning ( which wasn't always the case at another school). When we first started we had to get on a waiting list for volunteering because of all the parent involvement. WOW. There is lots of support from their Principal and staff. They are Professional and friendly and will quickly take care of any issues that may come up, fairly. Bottom line: I know my children are in good hands.

Posted October 22, 2008

Great school and wonderful principal...

Posted March 1, 2007

My son has attented this school for three years and I felt this was reall a great school. The teachers, the Principal and the staff are just wonderful.This school is best and I think they have great teachers like Mrs.Safadi and Mrs Miyasaki. Its really worth sending your kids to this school.

Posted July 26, 2006

My Daughter will be starting 2nd grade this year. So far I love Jordan Ridge. Her kindergarten teacher was a little rough at first but did a wonderful job teaching her, I am happy she is now retired, though they put on a wonderful operaetta of the sound of music. First grade was wonderful. Her teacher Miss. Dawson was great. Sadly she has now left the school. This 06-07 year I feel will be just as great The principal is wonderful, and if ther is as much parental support as in the past years it will be great. It is worth driving my daughter from west jordan to Jordan ridge. I hope the staff keeps up the good work.

Posted September 28, 2005

My son is now in his fourth year at Jordan Ridge. I have spent over 150 hours in the school volunteering. I have watched the school as it has been in a middle school temporaily, and tranition a new principal. I was very impressed on how the teachers went about their jobs despite the goings on.The principal, Mrs. Grable is very young and enthusiastic about her job. She is very invloved in her school and has earned every award she has been given. This year the school runs efficently and effectively despite the many challanges it faces. It is a well rounded school who's students come from around the world. I am very excited to see what Mrs. Grabel will be doing with the school. The PTA is very invloved all year with many activites that invlove parents. Jordan Ridge is a small town school in a very populated area.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 79% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2010.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Utah used the Utah Criterion-Referenced Test (CRT) to test students in grades 2 through 11 in Language Arts, in grades 2 through 8 in Math, in grades 4 through 8 in Science and upon completion of certain courses in grades 8 through 11. The CRT is a standards-based testing program, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Utah. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

133 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

133 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 78% in 2013.

154 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

153 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 69% in 2013.

154 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 80% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 80% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 77% in 2013.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 82% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 75% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 56% in 2010.

n/a
Pre-Algebra

The state average for Pre-Algebra was 67% in 2010.

n/a

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 17%N/A48%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2636 West 9800 South