South Jordan, UT
Students enrolled: 1,035

Jordan Ridge School 2

Posted May 25, 2014
The principal needs to retire. She has no regard for students, especially those with special needs/behavior issues. Teachers generally are good. I can hardly believe this school is rated a 9/10. I say that based on coming from out of state schools though. Perhaps for Utah this is a 9 school which really just shows how awful Utah schools are in general. Another huge issue that is not addressed at this school by the staff, principal and even at the district level is bullying. Suffice it to say that my child was both verbally and physically bullied, to the point of being slammed against a wall, kicked while standing in the lunch line, and thrown over a desk, all with NO consequence for the the child doing it. We moved our son to a charter school because of this. After talking with other parents, some had changed tracks because of bullying issues that had not been resolved. This is the principal and districts fault as I met with both of them and nothing was done to resolve our case. They say they have a "0 tolerance" policy, but they nowhere near enforce it. If you worry about your child being bullied because of being different, don't go here. Also front desk staff is still awful.

Posted May 20, 2014
We have a permit to this school. Teachers and kids are very nice. My girls love their teacher. School staff is well organized. Their school web page is well organized and has lots of useful information. If you are coming from a private school, I would suggest keeping your kids in the private school past kindergarten. My advanced 5 year old came home with a coloring page of #37 the other day. She is capable of doing much more..

Posted June 25, 2013
Jordan Ridge elementary is a great school. The teachers give a great deal of attention to the students and work hard to keep the students at grade level. I am very happy with Mrs. Anderson, she is a fantastic principle. My only issues are with the head secretary who has zero P.R. skills. She is rude and short with everyone. She would do better working in a college situation and not with children. Many mothers in my neighborhood agree, she is not the best fit for the school. Thank goodness the teachers are super. 6/ 26/13

Posted January 10, 2013
We moved into our home JUST to be able to attend this school and we haven't been disappointed one single bit. We have been here nearly 3 years now, love the school, love the teachers, love the staff and Principal. Mrs. Anderson (the principal) is easy to talk to, friendly and outgoing, and obviously loves her job. I am so proud to have our children attend this school, located in one of the safest communities, challenging yet age appropriate curriculum, and truly the best staff in town.

Posted May 26, 2012
I have worked at Jordan Ridge for eight years and I respect and love our principal, staff, and teachers. We work hard for the students and couldn't do anything without the huge support we receive from the PTA, SCC, and parents in our classrooms. I love working at Jordan Ridge and would enroll my kids here in a heartbeat.

Jordan Ridge School 1

Posted June 23, 2011
Worst principal. Unfriendly Staff. We have had a awful experience with this principal. The school is good, but the people that run it aren't. They are extremely rude and disrespectful to me.

Posted June 23, 2011
I absolutely LOVE this school. We've gone here for 5 years and would never consider going any where else. The principal and staff have always been approachable and responsive. They teach up to the children without leaving anyone behind. There are more extra programs and incentives for the children than I have seen at other local schools. My oldest son is now testing several years ahead in reading and when we transferred to this school he was a little behind. They have not only met but exceeded my expectations. My kids hate to miss a single day of school, I have to MAKE them stay home when they are sick. That says it all.

Posted April 13, 2011
One of the very best public schools in the valley. Home to the accelerated learning program which allows students to learn above grade level, but with peers of the same age. The school goes above and beyond to provide a variety of enrichment activities - particularly in the arts. Test scores are great and the school is very strong in their academics and high expectations. The front office has gotten a bad rap in the past, but I feel they have really stepped it up the last few years and started to become easier to work with and more approachable. Parent involvement is spectacular, which is probably why this school continues to be so successful. There is a great community feel and students are safe and treat each other kindly. Jordan Ridge really is one of a kind and we have loved all 5 years there, here's to many more!

Jordan Ridge School 1

Posted January 09, 2011
Last year I went to this school and had the worst experience ever. All my years before that were great, but now the school is just going downhill. My 6th grade teacher was cruel, and mean. I recommend not going to this school

Jordan Ridge School 4

Posted December 16, 2010
The school is great for academics and has incredible reading programs for children struggling with literacy. However, I too must admit that front office is heinous and unprofessional. They are in no way warm or caring towards parents or students, the way that you would expect from someone working with children. They are not helpful and when you call for assistance they seem to be more offended you actually made them work than helpful. Before moving to the area we had our son in a private elementary school and we have been pleased with the school overall in comparison. If it weren't for the office staff, I'd consider Jordan Ridge a 5.

Jordan Ridge School
2636 West 9800 South, South Jordan, UT  84095
Last modified Jordan Ridge School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jordan Ridge School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top