South Weber School

Public | K-6

Posted December 26, 2013

South Weber Elementary is a great school! Great teachers, administration, and students. High academic scores. Lots of fun activities. Parent involvement is high. New K-2 building is great. My kids have gone here for 10 years and we love it!

Posted September 3, 2008

I have attended this school, and now my children go. The school has come a long way, the parents help out a lot more its easy to become involved as a parent. and the staff are very friendly and some have been there for a long time. At first I did want to see my kids go to this school (I was picked on), but now that they are, I am glad. and not to mention teacher student ratio has come down since I went by 10 students, that is just 4 students different from a near by privet school.

Posted February 1, 2008

Both of my children went to school here. This school was amazing! I have a gifted child and this school was very proactive in challenging him and keeping him occupied. The teachers really care and the parents are so involved. When we had to move, I was devistated. The so-called 'top rated' schools we moved to were not even close to this school. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Posted October 10, 2007

I am so pleased with our school. The parental involvement constantly amazes me. The teachers are amazing. I am so glad we moved here. I am glad my kids are able to attend this school.

Posted October 20, 2006

I have three children who attend this school, and we love it. One of my children has some special needs, and her teachers have gone out of their way to help and to keep me informed. The community is very involved in all of the school functions, the academic level is high, and the staff is very helpful. My children attended a different school before we came here, and we have found this school to be far superior. We Love It!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 18, 2006

This school is the best school I have ever been involved with. My little sister attends and is taken care of 100% of the time. The children are wonderful, the techers are caring and the rest of the staff gives their all and reches out to make sure she is comfortable. Thank you. We love and appreciate everything you do!

Posted March 2, 2006

I was very disappointed in how unorganized the whole school is. One secretary working in the office certainly is not enough. I joined the PTA and paid my membership dues and I can only tell you that I would find out about meetings after the fact. I offered to volunteer my time. To get any results you have to go over everyones head directly to the principal to have anything done. As far as an assistant principal being there, couldn't we have more office help? The acedemics were very weak, no communication what so ever. We chose to take our children elsewhere and are very happy we did.

Posted June 29, 2005

Although I would like to see more opportunities for gifted students, So. Weber Elementary does a great job of educating it's students. The staff is excellent, and really cares about the students. Parent involvement is fantastic, and there are many opportunities to volunteer with the PTA, and in the classroom.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 79% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2010.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Utah used the Utah Criterion-Referenced Test (CRT) to test students in grades 2 through 11 in Language Arts, in grades 2 through 8 in Math, in grades 4 through 8 in Science and upon completion of certain courses in grades 8 through 11. The CRT is a standards-based testing program, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Utah. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

106 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

106 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 78% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 69% in 2013.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 80% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 80% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 77% in 2013.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 82% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 75% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 56% in 2010.

n/a
Pre-Algebra

The state average for Pre-Algebra was 67% in 2010.

n/a

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 15%N/A48%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1285 East Lester