Bad
Good

OUR 6 YEAR CHILD WAS DROPPED OFF AT A BUS STOP FROM THE SCHOOL BUS. WITH NO IDEA OF WHERE TO GO@ NO ONE WAS THERE TO HELP HER@ WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE? ANYTHING COULD HAVE HAPPENED TO HER! MOSY SCHOOLS HAVE SOME KIND OF GUIDANCE FOR A CHILD TAHT YOUNG!

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school is the best choice for my sons 2 with IEPS. They get more one on one time and more time in the special Ed class. Verses the district. they get every day in special classes and the district offered 1 a week. Great school

We love ALA. All schools have their flaws but I must say the teachers and the Principles and Vice Principles are there to make a difference. We love ALA all 4 of our boys attend and will Graduate from ALA.

DO NOT BRING YOUR KIDS TO THIS SCHOOL THEY ARE BETTER OFF IN A PUBLIC SCHOOL. ALA PRESENTS ITSELF ON THE OUTSIDE AS A SCHOOL FOR every KID BUT IT IS NOT and the system with yellow cards can not be more outta place my kid tells me about yellow cards from his school like how if you get 3 yellow cards you are suspended so I asked him how can you get a yellow card he tells me a couple of reasons but the one that caught me was for missing work I mean come on if you have missing work and not doing it is it really a good IDEA to be taken out of school the school as a whole makes no sense also the way they teach is just terrible please do not send your kid hear

As a 16-year-old senior at American Leadership Academy, I can truly say that this school has set up the best environment for me to learn in. I fit in with all of the students and there is no bullying amongst us. Going into this senior year, thanks to the EdNet program, I'm finished with my high school credits and 9 credits away from an associate's degree from UVU. The fine arts are also astounding here. ALA is incredible.

I have been going to this school for almost 10 years now and have loved every minute of it! I started out in kindergarten when the school first opened in 2005! This school offers so much more than other schools. The teachers, janitors, and other staff know more/want to know more about you than your name. The school and classes are smaller so the teachers can actually get to know you as a person (not just a random student they are getting paid to put up with) and try their best to answer most of your questions. This school makes you feel safe and comfortable. If you're not feeling safe or comfortable there, there are a couple of groups that are there for you to talk to,etc. One of the newest groups they have is The Hope Squad. The Hope Squad is a group off high schoolers that are mostly there for bullying/suicide prevent and are there to just talk to. Another one of the groups is called the Ambassadors. The Ambassadors are a group of kids that have been at the school since it first opened and started out in Kindergarten. The Ambassadors purpose is to look out for everyone, be an example, make a difference and make changes in the school that will help it become better.

I send my students to ALA and they DO NOT have the politics like other high schools when it comes to sports and fine arts. I also love the dress code and that the policies are enforced. Students dress more modestly and act better because of it.

DO NOT bring your kids to this school. They are better off in your local school district school. There is absolutely no communication at this school. They will talk to you, agree that there is a problem, but do something completely different behind your back.

What I know for sure is this school is interested in the individualization of students. The teachers and administration look for ways to motivate students in ways that I haven't seen in other schools my students have attended. So safe and positive! With those things in place the other academic goals fall into place. Love it.

Being the mother of 5 children at ALA (3 HS, 2 Elem) I feel my assessment of ALA is fair~ We transferred from an out of state charter. Yes, the registration process is lengthy, but I'd rather my children's educational records be complete, rather than hurried and incorrect. The uniform policy allows minor modifications, such as individualized shoes, jewlery, etc., while keeping distractions to a minimum. School clothes shopping is a breeze for me! ALA offers sports teams, drill, cheer, even Driver's Ed, but my children have really blossomed in ALA's arts department. Choir, show band, music theater, drama classes, ballroom dance, guitar, the list goes on and on! My children love trying new things at ALA, and with so many options, they are never bored. The education aspect has been very positive. My HS student struggled with Math until an ALA teacher took the time to explain & coach her. My Elem student has an speech IEP, to which the Spec. Ed instructors have done wonders with her. Administration has been excellent, especially the Elem principal, who sings & dances with the kids! ALA offers half or full-day kindergarten, something my "6 going on 16" loves! ALA is highly recommended!

Last modified American Leadership Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.