851 students|Nebo District

Bad
Good

My child has been bullied by her classmates and her actual teacher. I'm not sure it's under control. I don't feel as safe. We don't like it there very much. Again the Principle and secretary some staff are nice enough but be aware of the teacher and how he/she treats your child. Some have not been very nice open or approachable.

My daughter has gone to Westside for the past 3 years and she and I both love this school. The principal is very hands on and I swear she knows every kids name. I love that there is only one fundraiser a year and it's a carnival that both the parents and kids enjoy. All of my daughter's teachers have been excellent. They have been really good at advancing her reading and math with others on her same level. Bullying has never been an issue. The only thing I do not care for at the school is the drop off/pick up area. There isn't a good system, so often times you can get blocked in for awhile when other parents make up their own rules. I've tried to think of a solution to the problem and I don't think there is anything else that can be done to fix it. Overall, I love this school and my daughter has been very happy there.

The principal and teachers go the extra mile to ensure that all needs of the children are met. I have had issues with bullies, but after speaking with the teacher and principal, they were extra vigilant in trying to help my child. The activities and lessons prepared by the teachers were great in getting my children motivated. Love the school and principal.

My sons did much better after we moved and they attended Cherry Creek. Westside's principle seemed to take the stance that bullying was part of school by saying, "boys will be boys". One of my sons had aggression problems before he attended here that he worked out and no was no longer violent. Then he was bullied at Westside. I am glad he did not go back to his old ways and beat these other kids up - his self control has improved dramatically. But my son's test scores declined here and they hated the school. Teachers were nice, but I think they just have too much on their plate with some of the kids that don't speak English at home.

I love the parent involvement of this school! I have never been to another school where there is so much parent & community involvement. The principal generally cares about the students & she is a positive role model. Every teacher that my children have had have been caring, very involved, motivating, and teach in fun ways. 5 stars!

This is the first year my kids have attended this school and I am not impressed. There is A LOT of bullying going on especially at recess and the playground guards are obviously not doing their jobs. My kids don't even like going to school anymore. However my kids teachers are wonderful and the principal is very nice. It's not a horrible school but I have definitely seen better!

Last modified Westside School is a Public school that serves grades PK-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.