Public charter
St George, UT

Posted April 07, 2014
I have two children that attend. Best teaching staff and admin! The children learn so much and retain it. This school is building the leaders of tomorrow.

Posted July 27, 2013
George Washington Academy has just received the Utah Charter School of the Year Award 2013!!!

Posted December 04, 2012
My kids have gone to GWA since Kindergarten and it has prepared them for a solid academic life. We don't mind homework - that's why we chose GWA, so they could be challenged. The character education program is great too. School gives a well-rounded education. We love it!

Posted June 24, 2011
I can't imagine the experience of the negative post from 6/23. It seems they were at a different school. My child just completed her 5th year at GWA and I can't say enough good about it. Her academic level is far above her public school friends - in EVERY subject. And the positive self-esteem and character building focus is amazing. As for bullying...again, I know for a fact that they have and enforce a zero tolerance policy regarding bullying. We wouldn't have our children anywhere else.

George Washington Academy 1

Posted June 23, 2011
So dissapointing!!! I thought it would be better than public school. But, 25 to a class, no professional aide. They are just like public school. Bullies, etc. Just because the math curriculum is a year advanced doesn't mean they teach it well. HOMEWORK, HOMEWORK hours every night. No foreign language. After this experience I put my children into a local private school with16 students to a class with a professional aide, foreign language, afterschool clubs, no bullies. Well worth the money with test scores to prove it.

Posted February 17, 2011
This school is far better than the school I have waisted $30,000 in private school tuition. This school is so much better. It has all the attention of a private school, parent involvement, and values. The academics and character building is superior. I absolutely love this school.

Posted October 26, 2009
My child was getting C's, and D's in the public school system. Now my child is getting A's and B's and tells me how much they like their new school. What a boost in my childs confidence. Thanks GWA.

Posted February 20, 2009
We have been with this school since it opened and we absolutely love it.

Posted January 05, 2009
Great for students who are academically advanced and need the challenge. They learn so much in the way of math , science, and socail studies. It is a Core Knowledge School.

George Washington Academy
2277 South 3000 East, St George, UT  84790
Last modified George Washington Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Washington Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top