St George, UT

Posted August 21, 2009

Posted August 07, 2009
Bloomington Hills 100% deserves it 10 rating. I have had 2 kids attend here(after carefully looking at other schools ). The staff has been together for years and has many programs set up to ensure students do not fall through the cracks and pass tests. Every student is valued and important. It is one of the last true neighborhood schools, virtually no busing, kids walk, high parents volunteer rates and the middle & high schools are right across the st. so kids will be togther k-12 (rare in the area). Besides the high test scores, (knowing some families are wealthy) I love the almost 1980's feel, no deisgner clothes, cell phones, kids into sports not tv/video games and teachers playing kickball/basketbal etc with the kids at recess. Best supervision I saw of any school at recess. If you choosing a school please visit them first , bloomington hills will not disappoint.

Bloomington Hills School 1

Posted July 17, 2009

Posted December 29, 2008
When moving to St George I personally visited every school, my kids education was more important then a dream home. Bloomington Hills was by far the best school. Great principal, wonderful dedicated teachers that have been teaching there for years (which was a rare find). I was tempted by brand new homes and schools in other areas but opted for an older home here because of the school was so much better. On top of the high test scores, the chairty work and character building is incredible. Ths school definetly values both education and having kids leave as good responsible citizens. I have not witnessed any bullying, language, gang or drug issues at this school which I did see at other schools in the area. I'm am so glad looking back I choose this school and comprimised a bit on our house and location.

Posted November 17, 2008
This is a great school! My only wish was that it had more Extracurricular Activities for younger students. My children are 4, 5 and 6 and they don't have any music or art programs available at this time for any of my children.

Bloomington Hills School 3

Posted January 23, 2008

Posted January 03, 2008
We have 2 kids at BHE, and we couldn't be happier. My 2nd grader started the year behind in reading, but now he is the not only caught up, but really enjoying learning. My kindergartener, was having problems sitting, and his wonderfull teacher really worked with me and the principal to find something that worked to help him learn, and grow as a kid. He is now having a better time learning, and has really come so far with his attitude. Both of my children's teachers are great and I couldn't ask for better teachers this year. I also love that when we go out with our kids when we see other teachers around my kids know excatly who they are and what grade they teach. Their school really knows how to make a community!

Posted August 01, 2007
We have two children enrolled at Bloomington Hills Elementary School and we could not be happier with the school. The staff is caring and loving towards the children and easy to work with for the parents. They have wonderful teachers and a very nice facility which is well taken care of, with large classrooms and a beautiful playground. The staff is concerned about the whole child and not just high test scores. They provide lots of extras for the children during the school year and also have an inclusion policy, with which we have been very impressed. Had we not been happy with this school, we would not have hesitated (nor would we ever hesitate) to pull our children out and enroll them in a private school. I do not believe that will ever be the case though. We have seen nothing but positive come from the school.

Posted April 25, 2006
My wife and I have been greatly impressed by our school, which takes on a school spirit with the kids starting off the year with parent involvment with school song, T-Shirt, spirit... it's all there. The principal introduces all the teachers by name at the beginning of the year and the kids all get the school mascot T-Shirt. The school pride is evident. The teachers idividual attention to each of our children has been excellent and we have one that really struggles that his teachers going on two consecutive years have been great. Nothing we can do amounts to more than knowing our children are in good hands. Bloomington Hills South really has it going on. The teachers set a precedence of excellence and it shows both towards the ones that perform and those that seem to struggle a bit.

Posted September 17, 2005

Bloomington Hills School
919 East Brigham Rd, St George, UT  84790
Last modified Bloomington Hills School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bloomington Hills School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top