Sunset, UT

Fremont School 4

Posted October 25, 2013
Fremont is not only a great school but very involved in the community and each child individually. Good luck guys!

Fremont School 5

Posted January 08, 2009
I have had incredible success with the administrative team. I do foster care and the principal and vice principal attended the district meetings and met my (f) daughter before school even started. The teacher she has holds her accountable fore for her behaviors and is fair and understanding when some days are worse than others. They have always contacted me or someone on her emergency list when there has been a problem. They have been quick to make accomodations without an IEP to help her succeed (math group, reading group, and a making friends counseling group). Maybe in the past this school had problems, but many in the neighborhood feel this is our little 'secret' treasure.

Fremont School 5

Posted April 22, 2006
This school is amazing. They offer music in the form of band and orchestra and choir. They have a phenomental after school program which is very well run. The parents are a huge part of the school through counteless hours of volunteer work. The school is dedicated to each individual child's learning and well being. The school is diverse and safe. I highly recommend this school to any one.

Fremont School 2

Posted January 25, 2006
We have not be at all pleased with Fremont. The administration has shown less than a stellar committment to the education and well being of the children in their care. We had an incident in which our child needed to be picked up due to illness, but my husband and I were unavailable. The office staff made no effort to contact the emrgency numbers listed in his records. I have left several messages for the principal and have never received a call from him. The school is disorganized and all attempts to correct the issues we have had have been ignored. We are frustrated by the lack of leadership shown by the administration and are making every attempt at having our child moved to a school that shows children and parents more respect.

Fremont School 3

Posted October 20, 2005
Fremont Elementary did not meet my expectations and my son was removed by my wife and I. My son was unable to concentrate and was easily distracted by the lack of structure in his classroom. He was used to a quiet and disciplined environment in which to work. His classroom was noisey, children expected to work alongside music playing constantly in the room and children actually singing along! My son who was previously educated abroad in a 'traditional' school, one where they wore a school uniform and actually sat at desks and worked. He was an excellent student by all accounts. At Fremont He wasn't doing his work so they put him in a corner and labelled him 'special' in other words they did not address his need for some peace and quiet to learn, and made him a 'problem' Now he is attending a private school where he is excelling once.

Fremont School
2525 North 160 West, Sunset, UT  84015
Last modified Fremont School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fremont School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top