Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I don't like the way this school is run. IEP students are falling through the cracks and their needs are not being met.

We love this school. My children's reading levels and comprehension have improved by leaps and bounds since we transferred here. The atmosphere is amazing and the staff can't be beat

I gave this school 3 stars because my kids like it. To me that is what is most important. However, i dont care for some of the staff. My concerns about my children have been basically brushed aside. I feel they dont care what parents think. I understand and am not asking for special treatment for my kids but they should take into account the parents concerns and not just blow us off or give us RUDE responses. That is no way to treat a parent. Im not sure if they will comtinue going there. That is something we need to think about.

I love this school! There are problems just like any other school but over all I am so glad my kids go here. I have a 3rd and 2nd grader and my oldest has been here since kindergarten. My oldest has speical needs and the school has done so much to help him. They have helped me develop his IEP and have had excellent communication with me. He has come so far and the school helps him to learn in ways that work for him. The principal mrs Nixon is excellent! So great with the kids and very easy to talk to. When problems arise she takes action right away and is a great leader. Like other schools it's a hit or miss on the teachers but overall they are excellent. When they are good they are very good. If we ever move I will be very sad to leave this school.

The stuff is fine. Bad parking situation, long lines. Elementary principal is total jerk. Looking for another school for my kids.

Parking here is so bad! Waiting in line for 30 min every day!Looking for a new school!

My two children started attending Syracuse Arts Academy (SAA) this year. My son who is in 6th grade, is bright and learns easily. Yet, he has ADHD and struggles with focus and follow through. SAA keeps him challenged and the structured environment has been really good for him. Although he qualifies for a 504 it has not been something that we have needed to pursue yet. My daughter has a learning disability and has been in resource since 1st grade (she is currently in 7th). She was tested by a "specialist" psychologist employed by the school district. He told us she was going to hit a learning "brick wall" in 5th or 6th grade. SAA quickly began taking that wall down brick by brick. At SAA they ask her to do work that is far, far beyond her ability level. At first I was horrified and felt that she was going to be crushed, so to speak. It turns out that she is capable of much more than any of us ever thought. She is for the first time in her life interested in learning. She has newfound confidence in herself and abilities. The uniforms that SAA requires helps keep the kids from being distracted. SAA has so many good things and sadly there is not enough space to write them. We love SAA!

We attended this school for a little over 2 years. I loved the way they incorporated art into their everyday curriculum! Like every other school, there are great teachers and some not so great. I did not rate the school higher because I was not impressed with the way they dealt with special need situations. My children have diagnosed anxiety disorders, and while the administration was willing to discuss needs with us and helped us come up with plans, the follow through on those plans seemed to fall through. They were more concerned with the political side of what might look bad to their school than doing what was best for my children, even when they agreed to a plan originally. We realize there are certain laws that they need to follow, but even when we provided the doctors notes and other items they needed, they still became very difficult to work with and even threatening. We couldn't get them to work with us long enough to get a 504 worked out. So, if your child is pretty main stream and doesn't have any unique situations, it is a decent school. If you have any special concerns or needs or those types of things arise while there, it may not be the school for you.

My daughters started going to Syracuse Arts Academy this year and their grades have improved. They also love going to school.

This school has been everything we have needed in a school. My girls have excelled in areas I never dreamed possible.

Last modified Syracuse Arts Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.