829 students|Davis District

Bad
Good

If your child needs a 504, good luck! We struggled through 4 years of the teachers not honoring the basic aspects of the 504. All I heard was that we need to put our child on medication, which they tried to justify by saying they have too many students to try to help just one. New school out of state now that really involves the parents and makes sure the 504 is followed and our child now excels in every subject, without medication. Mr. Clark did improve things but it's still an uphill battle for kids with varying disabilities.

My son has attended Cook for two years now. His Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Strawn, and his current teacher, Mrs. Young, both deserve plenty of praise for their individual attention to their students. Principal Clark is an amazing addition to the school and has worked hard to implement a lot of amazing programs like homework clubs, ballroom dance, and robotics. He knows the students by name, and never fails to listen to my comments or concerns as a parent and PTA member. The only reason I don't give the school five stars is that there are some teachers that seem to be "tired" of their jobs. They don't make as much effort to support extracurricular programs. However, I believe that parent concerns are taken into account at Cook, so I have no qualms about my son continuing his education there.

My son is on his second year at Cook Elementary, I have been impressed with the new principal and all the programs he has brought to the school. The teacher we have had are wonderful and my son is getting a great education. The PTA has a very strong presence and my son comes home from school happy every day. The school has a nice mix of socioeconomic classes which gives it great diversity.

The school was not only less than helpful, but do not involve parents enough. I tried to work on an issue with them and they were unresponsive and unavailable when I showed up.

Last modified Cook School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.