Taylorsville, UT

Vista School 1

Posted September 02, 2014
The principal Jolene Randall is the most incompetent and vindictive administrator. She tries to divert the idea that the results for sage, AYP and Crts are very low by implementing the leader in me program. Students will be behind in math and reading, but they will be able to greet people at the door. In the last 2 years more than 30 teachers decided to moved because Jolene Randall will make sure that you feel miserable , unappreciated and discriminated as a teacher , unless you are LDS. The facts are very clear : low scores , not every teacher is ESL endorsed neither they have at least 1 teacher with a gifted and talented endorsement per grade level. ...... but they have the leader in me program???? Guess what ...the results are still the same!!! the students are still struggling because the principal force their teachers to implement a worthless program.

Vista School 4

Posted September 05, 2013
My son and daughter are both in the dual immersion program at vista. This is our 5th year attending. The teachers have been excellent and easy to work with. We had one issue with a substitute teacher last year and the assistant principle was immediately available to listen to our concerns and address the problem. I would suggest vista to other parents that are interested in the dual immersion program. We drop.off in the front which hasn't been a problem, and pick up in the back of the school at the park, where there is less traffic.

Vista School 2

Posted August 27, 2013
vista is a decent school. my son goes to the duel immersion class, and he loves it. however, when it comes to the childrens safety, instead of being able to drop your kids off at the front of the school, on school grounds, it's not allowed. they make you drop the kids off ACCROSS the street in a church parking lot!!!!! all those kids, on the side of the street, having to cross the street isn't safe!!!! yes, there is a crossing guard, but there is no guarentee that the cars slow down in the school zone. they have "security duty" making sure no one drives on to school grounds, but none accross the street, in the parking lot, making sure kids don't run in front of cars. they say they are concerned about kids running in front of cars at the school, that's why they now have to go accross the street. i guess as long as they don't see it, it's not their concern.

Posted February 24, 2012
My son has attended Vista for the last five years. I am very pleased with the education he has received. The teachers are wonderful and very involved.

Posted October 01, 2010
My child has attended Vista Elementary since kindergarten, and basically it has been a pretty good school. There have been a lot of issues in prior years with certain teachers constantly harassing and singling out children on recesses for kids being kids, and a old school principal that covered that up and make excuse after excuse for them. However, last year a well needed change in Principal's fixed that - Mrs Randall, the new Principal is just great and knows children by name. She is a pleasure to talk to & very positive for our children - and finds the good in ALL of them. The FRESH start that this school needed!! And teachers seem to follow her positive attitude as well... every school needs a Mrs Randall :)

Posted May 06, 2010
Having moved from Murray, I am so much happier with Vista. The new principal, Mrs. Randall is involved and knows her students by name, she answers questions and has been so much help. The new social worker, Ms. Kessel is amazing and the teachers are wonderful, I don't feel like it's MY job to do homework every night. They motivate my kids and inspire them. I love this school and the staff.

Vista School 4

Posted December 28, 2009
I think elementary schools in general are sending home too much homework. It does feel like it shifts the workload onto the parents, and also feels like an attempt to force 'parental involvement.' 2 stars for that. 5 star teachers. 5 stars for an EXCELLENT new principal and a EXTREMELY COMPETENT social worker (Fall 2009). I anticipate great new things for kids in special ed and especially those with ADHD and autism. The principal has personal experience with ADHD kids. Vista also has a decent music program, but it doesn't start until 5th grade (4 stars). 5 stars for the new dual emersion Spanish program that helps the growing hispanic population. 5 stars for handling diversity. No stars for after-school programs. They need to start talking about how they CAN implement one, instead of why they CAN'T. (ie., use the Catholic church facilities across the street , change the policies, etc.)

Posted December 22, 2009
The problem I have with this school is that it seems like I am the one teaching my child. They bring pages and pages of homework each day and when I go over it, I am teaching them everything. I don't think children should have so much homework in the first grade and in kindergarton. i think elementary should ease into the homework. The teachers aren't very helpful either.

Posted December 11, 2008
I have 2 daughters in the dual emersion spanish language program and we all love it. I have had bad experiences at other schools, but I think the teachers here are great!

Posted January 19, 2008

Vista School
4925 South 2200 West, Taylorsville, UT  84118
Last modified Vista School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vista School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top