Tooele, UT

Harris School 2

Posted May 26, 2010
Would not suggest this school to anyone. The staff is clueless and the school must be on the lower end of the bracket because they are very behind.

Harris School 5

Posted November 05, 2007
I love Harris. The teachers are exceptional and they really care about their students. The building has deteriorated and needs a major make-over, especially the bathrooms, but don't let the fool you. This school has really got it together. Ms. Carrasco offers after school ceramics, there's homework help, and Huskeyball Basketball. The teachers give, even after the day is over. As far as the principle goes, she's getting better and better each year. It was hard at first, going from the experience of Mr. Young, but Mrs. Neilson is doing a good job. My children really like her and the school is running well. I have 3 children that have attended or are currently attending Harris and 1 that will start in 2 years.

Harris School 1

Posted June 04, 2007
I would NOT recommend this school to anyone. I pulled my child out after only 1/2 a yr. Due to the change in leadership; Putting someone in charge that seems to be clueless as to what their duties are as a principal and the 'Quality of Education' my child was receiving.

Harris School 4

Posted June 01, 2005
- a staff
Based on my own daily dealings with the Harris School staff and patrons over the past eight years, I can honestly say that I would not hestitate to enroll any child at Harris. The faculty and staff consistently demonstrate their commitment to professionalism and high academic standards. They work hard as a team to promote and provide a positive, secure, success-oriented learning environment for every student, from the neediest Kindergartener to the most precocious 6th grader. Not only are the classes in excellent hands, but adults and children alike choose to treat each other with respect as well. This exemplary behavior is reflected in the lack of serious discipline problems. I am very impressed by the excellent rapport that exists among all of us Harris community members. At Harris, everybody knows that the schoolwide rules are consistently enforced, with fair and clear consequences that encourage kids to be 'caught being

Harris School 5

Posted May 28, 2005
My son attended the 5th grade at Harris and we loved it. The team that taught the 5th grade did a great job with Science and language arts. My sons writing was greatly strengthened by the excellent teaching of Mrs. Memmott and Mr. Porter made science come to life for the kids. They also have a great Basketball program for the kids which was excellent. The teachers Mr. Orton and Beckstead did a great job teaching sportsmanship and fairness while teaching the skills of basketball. Mrs. Kennard is an exceptional 4th grade teacher as well. Overall our experience at harris was really good. I would highly recommend any of the teachers I mentioned.

Harris School
251 North 1st St, Tooele, UT  84074
(435) 833-1961
Last modified Harris School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harris School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top