Tooele, UT

Posted June 12, 2014
We moved here from Southern Cal and my twins started 4th grade in the middle of the year. I have to admit their whole academic changed coming here. The teachers were fantastic and they were always communicating with us parents. the school was half the size of their old one so it felt like they got great attention. I think this is the best choice for us and the surrounding neighborhood is fabulous.

Posted June 21, 2013
We have loved this school and while our only experience here is with the younger grades, we feel they have some of the best teachers! So sad to be moving away from this great school!

Posted June 23, 2011
Noting but positive experiences with this school. They have a lot of parental support and many great activities through the school year. The teachers have been amazing and have really helped my daughter to succeed.

Overlake School 4

Posted August 06, 2008
While we have had some issues with teachers, we had some excellent teachers last year who encouraged my children to do their very best.

Overlake School 4

Posted June 18, 2007
This school has been o.k. but we've been unfortunate to have two burnt out teachers. The office staff is helpful for the most part, but sometimes the principal can be patronizing and defensive. Instead of helping parents to help them, she sometimes shuts them down. She was very accommodating, however, when I went to her and told her that my son needed to change teachers immediately. I think the district could do a better job at managing their money so that more could go to better teachers/better student experience. The school could do better about communicating with parents about concerns.

Overlake School 2

Posted May 02, 2006
We have been really disappointed in most of our experiences with this school and the Tooele district. We have had 3 of our children attend this school. Some of the teachers are so awful, they just shouldn't be teaching anymore. Our children haven't been challenged to excel. Working with an IEP is a nightmare. Of course, there are a few good teachers but they can't make up for the rest. They also lack any extra programs and if it weren t for the parent involvement it would be a complete disaster. Next year we have chosen another school in a totally different district!

Overlake School
2052 North 170 West, Tooele, UT  84074
Last modified Overlake School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Overlake School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top