Wellsville, UT

Wellsville School 5

Posted April 23, 2012
I love Wellsville Elementary. The principle is exceptional. The classes are mid to upper twenties, but with all of the aides and student teachers, and reading teachers, my kids personal educational needs are constantly met. They are able to push them based on their own level of need. I am so impressed.

Wellsville School 5

Posted May 26, 2009
I absolutely love this elementary school. The principal is wonderful. The teachers for my children are amazing and work very hard. They communciate well with me and I always know what's going on. I could not be more pleased. My 6 and 7 year old wake up everyday excited to go to school. I don't know if you can say more than that!

Wellsville School 0

Posted February 12, 2009
I am surprised this school recieved such a high score. Although the testing obviously shows a high score, I think it is just luck. My daughter was just not being challenged and was given coloring pages every day after she finished her huge pile of worksheets while she waited for the rest of the class. One can only color so much until school is no longer fun. We switched to Thomas Edison South Public Charter School where they have the amazing ability to teach to the top and those who are struggling with equal balance.

Wellsville School 4

Posted April 04, 2006
I currently have 3 children in Wellsville Elementary and have over all been quite pleased. They adopted an excellent reading program a few years ago that has launched what is expected from the teachers and students also and brought their scores up high! Parent involvement is very high in lower grades. Community involvement is good also. Their new music teacher is excellent. Previous to that I thought their music program was lacking. The county offers after school orchestra experience for 4th & 5th grade. I value a well-rounded education and feel that Wellsville offers just that. The principal is very involved with the students, they love him. The teachers are all involved with parents (especially after parents request). I have rarely had my chid not want to go to school!

Wellsville School 4

Posted August 10, 2005
While yes their school is old, it is a great place for kids. I moved my family here for just that reason. There are two after school programs for children to go to and the price is very small. If you can't afford it they will give you a scholarship. My daughter is in 4th grade but reads at a 2nd grade level. This is not due to the school, it's my childs ability. They have given her 3 special classes each day to help her overcome this. I couldn't be more pleased with how they have helped her. They even started a new reading program called corrective reading to catch bad habits kids have learned while reading.

Wellsville School 2

Posted July 29, 2005
I have three children attending wellsville elementary. I am very dissatisfied with this school. They are the oldest school in the county and need many repairs and upgrades yet the county keeps putting the money into building new schools and upgrading schools that are new than Wellsville. The school doesn't even have a generator, if the power goes out the parents are called to come and get the kids. Both of my sons have difficulties in reading and writing, my youngest was suppose to be held back, but just as school ends the send me a letter saying he gets to move on. He isn't ready. The teachers aren't there for the kids and it shows. The quality of the academic program would be good if the teachers taught right and listened to the parents. The availability of extracurricular activities is extremely limited and parent involvement is decent. Rating Poor.

Wellsville School
90 East 100 South, Wellsville, UT  84339
Last modified Wellsville School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wellsville School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top