West Jordan, UT

Copper Canyon School 1

Posted September 04, 2014
I am dissatisfied and upset with how the front office treat people. They act as if they are put out to help people or listen to what they have to say.

Posted June 29, 2014
GREAT school with caring teachers and staff! They go above and beyond to help children be successful.

Posted March 03, 2014
I used to go to this school(I had to move to Herriman) and it was amazing!! I loved all of the teachers and staff. Of course I only went there for kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade but still... I now go to Butterfield Elementary and am in the 6th grade:) I still think I liked it better at Copper Canyon EL. but Butterfield is also a pretty great school too. I loved the playground and outside better at Copper Canyon as well as the student council and safety patrol. They still have good programs for those at Butterfield but they aren't as good in my opinion as Copper Canyons did. I love Copper Canyon:D

Copper Canyon School 2

Posted October 04, 2013
I would not recommend this school. We moved halfway through the year last year and the teachers kept telling me my children were behind and didn't know the "new" criteria but wouldn't give a soultion on how to help them improve and get back up to grade level. My children were a year ahead in most subjects in the previous school. Then we had problems with bullying. I tried teaching my children the rules of reporting and what actually is bullying and the teachers and Principal did not believe there actually was anything going on. I, again this year, had to take it to both the teacher and the Principal and they pretty much accused my child of fabricating everything and told me I did not understand what bullying really was and that there really wasn't very much bullying going on period in this school. They encouraged my child to "shrug it off" or to "walk away." Really disappointed overall with this school.

Copper Canyon School 1

Posted May 09, 2012
Sadly, I would not recommend this school at all. There is little or no discipline in the classroom. I have seen kids (usually the same ones) acting out, shouting and causing all kinds of disruption. The teacher stops teaching and sits down waiting for quiet - which of course doesn't come. Now it is the student, not the teacher who has control of the classroom. Who is in charge here? Meanwhile my child is losing precious learning time Discipline is usally being sent to the principals office, which obviously is not working because this type of behaviour keeps happening. Unless you do something different, you will keep getting the same results. I would avoid this school if at all possible, because it is really the children who are in charge.

Posted April 23, 2012
I really am impressed with the principal and her involvement with the kids and teachers. She genuinely cares for the kids and wants them to succeed. I think with any school you will have those few teachers who are not that great. But overall the teachers are amazing and love the kids. They recently implemented the 7 habits of happy kids and are teaching children about responsibility and teamwork. I LOVE it! The PTA is really involved as the previous comment stated and there are plenty of opportunities to volunteer.

Copper Canyon School 0

Posted July 20, 2009
My experience has been great since I have been acquainted with Copper Canyon and its Principal. The PTA is well involved at this school in fund raising and other activities. Through volunteering, parents see first hand and contribute to the classroom and learning experiences as they cooperate with the teachers. I haven't volunteered a day without working side-by-side with other parents who are volunteering. Many schools may have a difficult time getting volunteers, but this school has an overwhelming number of successful volunteers willing act as stakeholders in the learning of their children. Any parent that wants to volunteer is welcome at Copper Canyon and experience for themselves what is really happening in the classroom. In a previous negative comment about this school, it seems the author never volunteered, and did not bother to check grammar nor spelling. Please be more careful in criticism.

Copper Canyon School 2

Posted June 07, 2007
Minimum discipline. Lunch choices aren't that great even for kids. Extra cirricular activites are also at a minimum. Didnt really connect with the principle but when I did she wasn't very professional. This school serves you best if your just simply looking for a 'daycare'. Its a very nice atmosphere but there is a wide variety of lost effort there.

Copper Canyon School
8917 South Copperwood Dr, West Jordan, UT  84081
Last modified Copper Canyon School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Copper Canyon School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top