Posted August 18, 2013
I love sending my kids to Hawthorn! The administration and teachers are easy to communicate with and work hard to make sure information is getting home. My children love being at school. I feel that they are being challenged academically and they are thriving at Hawthorn. The parent organization is amazing and really work hard on behalf of the school. We are so grateful to all the people who work hard to make this a great school.

Posted August 16, 2013
I have two children with very different needs. They have both attended Hawthorn for four years and I have been very impressed with the faculty and staff. Hawthorn did have a rocky beginning but learned quickly and each year is even better than the last. The principal is knowledgeable and personable, the PTO is dynamic and thriving, the students are challenged in a safe environment with high expectations. I highly recommend Hawthorn Academy.

Posted March 25, 2013
I LOVE this school. The teachers are amazing and so good to work with! I have been here since it has opened and each year it gets better and better. I love the IB program and what they are teaching my students. I would definitely recommend this school anyone!

Posted March 25, 2013
I love having my children attend Hawthorn. The staff and administration have been so great to work with. All of my children's reading scores have gone up.

Posted November 12, 2012
I hate this school, this has been our third year and we are so totally done. We have had so many problems with them and we tried to talk to the teachers and principal but to no point. The principal never is willing to admit any wrong doing. They are always right. They have a couple of teachers that are bullies and they cover for each other. We tried so very hard to work with them for our children's sake.

Posted June 28, 2012
Lots of great students, wonderful parents (a lot of them...some sour apples), and the administration are horrid. Director is a politician who has no business being associated with elementary school children, Asst. Director is pretty much a buffoon and whipping-boy for the "principal".

Posted May 04, 2012
My children are soo dissapointed some teachers and principle attitude. They are not nice to children. Bad comminication to parents. Not focusing on each children.

Posted August 02, 2011
I am enrolling my children in this school for the third year in a row. There is no where else that I want my kids to go. The first year had some bumps in the road, as would be expected. The teachers really listen to the parents and work hard to see that each child can have true success. The administration works hard to make sure that the school is a safe environment for all. As far as dress code, this past year was top notch. All the parents that were not ready to enforce the dress code for their children left and it has been better than ever. Grades updated: Hawthorn is far better than any public or private school that my children have attended in this regard.

Posted June 03, 2011
This has been a great school for us! All of the local schools in our neighborhood are not up to par on academics and coming here is the best thing we did! I am not sure what the others are talking about. The students do not run the school and the dress code has always been enforced. I can only wonder if they got the wrong school. Amazing school! We love it here!

Posted June 03, 2011
We love it here!! Can't imagine being anywhere else! My kids have really excelled here.

Hawthorn Academy
9062 South 2200 West, West Jordan, UT  84088
Last modified Hawthorn Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hawthorn Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top