Posted August 10, 2014
I attended this school for two and a half years. My first two years were alright. But my third year there is when things started going downhill. There were all of these new rules and policies, and some were kind of ridiculous. For example, they did not allow anyone to carry around a backpack. You were only aloud a string backpack. It was quite inconvenient. The administration was also not very helpful or good at solving problems. Also, I was starting to have issues with some of my teachers. A lot of them really didn't care very much and didn't treat their students very well. It was all very frustrating. My grades started dropping because a handful of the teachers were just not very good at teaching and were hard to approach and get help from. I ended up moving schools in the middle of that year. Not soley because of my issues, I also wanted to go to a school I lived closer to. But if a parent were to ask me if this was a good school to send their child, I would say no. I would suggest they enroll them in another nearby school instead. This school needs a lot of improvement.

Posted July 27, 2014
My 2 kids went to this school starting in 7th grade. By 8th grade my daughter was no longer honors and A's she was drinking and stuffing. My son stayed on track with school so far peer pressure has not challenged him. 9th grade my daughter is using drugs and fighting. I pulled her out of this school and since my daughter is back she is smiling her grades were better at the end of the year. She has a chance now to really get her education for next year and we are excited. The vice principal is great. She helped me with my daughter and let me know anytime she was in trouble. I think this school had more problems than most. I also feel like the girls are challenged me than boys for some reason. With all this being said I would stay away from this school. Kids run this place!

Posted March 22, 2014
This is a terrible school. My daughter was an A student and always smiling. Then she went here. Now I barely recognize her. She says everyone does drugs and there is peer pressure everywhere. She tries so hard to get good grades but most of the teachers are always in a bad mood so she doesn't feel comfortable approaching them. If you are moving to this area, I strongly recommend you keep on looking for a better area...if you care at all about your kids and their education!!!!!!!

Posted November 19, 2012
principals wen oulled into office to discuss possible thing u can get arrested for dont disscus their rights and say something happend wen it never did

Joel P Jensen Middle School 4

Posted June 04, 2012
the staff, mostly the principal has been great to work with, we have had some family issues and she has been more than helpful and understanding along with attendance office staff. Not super impressed with some teachers or their counselor

Joel P Jensen Middle School 3

Posted May 03, 2012
Joel P. Jensen is not too bad of a school. Some teachers are more willing to work with you than others. Like all schools it has some teachers that are better than others; it all depends on what teachers you get the kind of experience you have. They have honors classes available, student leadership, and frequent opportunities to make up work. However, they are a little low on after school activities and the administration could be a little better. I currently attend Joel P. and I don't think it's as bad as everyone brings it up to be. The school building itself is set up a little funny and they don't have air conditioning so it gets hot in the summer but the majority of the teachers have fans to cool it off though. Some students behave better than others but it's like that at every school and there's nothing anyone can really do about that. Over-all, its an okay school; I've seen better and I've seen a lot worse.

Posted January 23, 2012
The school principal of the year 2011/2012 is rude and mistreated me. I have MS and I needed assistance checking my student out of school, she has the rudest attitude towards me. She said "You need to go to the attendance office." I replied "Can you tell me which room it is in?" She rudely replied "Can't you see the sign down the hall? Well the sign is big enough you should be able to see it." I proceeded to tell her my eyesight was bad and i guess i will just go ask someone else further down the hall."I thought that conversation was polite on my end and very harshly and inconsiderate on her end. It's not like you couldn't see that I had MS or some type of disability, I was extremely unstable and I was walking with my cane. If she acts that way to a parent i can not imagine how she treats the students. I strongly suggest that you take your student to a different middle school until that principal is removed. Joel P. Jensen is a very old school and the principal is extremely rude and inconsiderate to people's disabilitys.

Joel P Jensen Middle School 2

Posted December 16, 2011
The Principal of Joel P. is unapproachable to both students and parents. Concerns of bullying went unheaded and when I asked to be allowed access to photograph my child's locker, I was denied permission. The building is old and is in poor condition. The atmosphere is hostile and supressive.

Joel P Jensen Middle School 2

Posted April 11, 2011
I recently attended Joel.P.Jensen and i do not recomend this school if your student is already strugging in school.The crime rate (not the crimes that have been recorded) is ridiculous. I was not the best student but I think that this school needs to try harder for their students. It seems as if some of the teachers and staff hate there jobs wich makes a negitive learning atmosphere. I had all failing grades from seventh grade to the time I left Joel.P.Jensen. And I am in no way blaming the teachers for me not following directions. This school needs to be looked at by the district. It got to the point that my teachers didnt even bother to give me assinments. I love Joel PJensen. I hope that they can manage to bring there scores up. My last report card from my new school came in the mail the other day and my worst grade was a A- haveing said.You can see that im am able to get god grades with the right motiveation thank you for your time and again i am mostly responsible for my poor grades but I hope someone will look at this and help me and all the other students that have fallen through the cracks. I hope that you can ignore the fact im just a student.

Posted December 09, 2010
i am not impressed with this school, the administration, or the faculty. My daughter went to Joel P and luckily she is the type of student that puts her head down and just gets things done. My son, on the other hand, is a little more of a challenge and I have to keep in contact with the school constantly. I email the principal and NEVER get a response. I email the teachers and rarely get a response. I call the teachers and once I got a response. I'm constantly trying to get them to care about my student and his success and I've found two that truly do and I can tell. The principal is a dictator and won't listen or even respond to the parents concerns. She has her assistant principal handle everything and he doesn't have a backbone. I cannot wait until my child is out of this school. It has been a constant fight trying to get them to do what is right.

Joel P Jensen Middle School
8105 South 3200 West, West Jordan, UT  84088
Last modified Joel P Jensen Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joel P Jensen Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top