699 students|Jordan District

Bad
Good

I LOVE HEARTLAND!!! The staff and the students are some pretty awesome people. We are a low income almost poverty school. So with that said we don't always get good reviews. The staff from the principle to the lunch crew are great and are willing to go the extra mile to help you. The students are great Friendly, caring, and they worry about one another when something happens.

Beware of Jordan School District when submitting complaints about Heartland or any other school they are over. They tend to only investigate one side of an issue and have been known to suppress information/ evidence, even cover up wrong doing. Not only do I disapprove of this school, but the district as well.

Horrible school. The principal NEVER returns my calls. The teachers would rather suspend a student instead of work with them over even minor problems. Ive had nothing but problems with the staff there and feel like my child has been singled out and not even given a chance. Im just very disappointed that the school system is as it is there. Its been a horrible experience for our family and nothing like how we believe a school should be.

AWFUL. We had to move our son after 3 years at this school due to teachers who could even have an educated conversation with us as parents. The dual immersion program is a joke. The teachers (besides one) are so difficult and nearly impossible to communicate with. One year our child had three different teachers!! Please if anything, so not put your child in this program!

I think the teachers at the school are excellent, work hard and genuinely want their students to succeed. We've only had one or two over the years who I believe have been sub-par and that's just life and one of the things my kids need to learn to deal with. However, there are huge problems and they aren't the kind that the school can fix. There are too many transient students (apartments and government subsidized housing) or kids from negligent family situations and it brings down the quality of education as these students require more time and resources and slow down the learning of the rest of the class. The school can't fix familial dysfunction but that dysfunction follows those kids into the class. We're making the best of the situation but we would not choose to attend this school again for reasons that have nothing to do with the staff.

I have 4 children that currently attend Heartland Elementary and they love it. We have had no problems with other parents, kids, teachers, principals, etc. We feel that are kids are being taught the state cirriculum and are actually excelling academically above their peers at other schools (who have transferred to other schools). We have no complaints. The current principal is fantastic with the children and parents.

My son attended kindergarten at Heartland last year, midway through the year I had to pull him out of the class he was in, it was a new teacher and she did not know how to do constructive teaching, after I moved my son to the new teacher he did great and loved school again now this year I am finding the same problem, they bring on a new teacher and she comes off very arrogate when I try to talk with her. I am currently looking for a new school.

My husband, and family have grown up here in West Jordan all of their lives,and have attended Heartland. Sad to say, it is not the school it use to be. The teachers are some what hard to deal with. It has gone way down hill. There is a lot of bulling, and is not a environment I want my 3 kids around. I willl not be sending my kids there next year.

I have had my kids in this school for 3 years now and have come to the conclusion that my kids deserve MORE than what they are getting at this school. I am moving them to a new school for next year.

Last modified Heartland School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.