Posted August 10, 2014
My children have loved the teachers they've had at this school and I have been very happy with the education they are getting. Their teachers and staff have been kind, knowledgeable, and good at communicating with parents. It's in a great neighborhood within easy walking distance of most students.

Mountain Shadows School 4

Posted February 22, 2014
This school has been given a bad reputation for no reason. I have been at this school for 5 years. The teachers my 3 kids have had are very compitent highly educated people. School testing scores also have a lot to do with parent involvement too. And I agree that if more people would give this school a chance they will like it there! If we had more people registering for this school then the funding would go up! The new principal is fabulous! Stop putting your kids in other schools in RICHER areas and taking our funding away!

Mountain Shadows School 3

Posted August 02, 2013
As mentioned, there is no accelerated program which is frustrating. We also moved from another state and my daughter ended up repeating a lot since she was in an accelerated program before. I suspect this is a district issue, however. The teachers are awesome though and the principal is nice enough but the front office staff is pretty bad. They rarely acklowledge parents and often stand around gossiping rather than doing their jobs. Also, never turn in paper work or lunch money to them. It will either get lost or it will be processed late. We have had lunch accounts go into the negative days after I dropped money off (which resulted in a lunch lady rudely telling my daughter that lunch is not free and to let me know) and now we have gotten last pick track assignments even though I turned my paperwork in the day I got it. I also turned in a track change request that they lost. Honestly, if the teachers were not so great, I would transfer my kids out.

Posted August 02, 2012
We have been at Mountain Shadows for 5 years now and I have no complaints. We have had EXCELLENT teachers (with the exception of one), the administration is helpful, and my children love their school. The parents who complain that because of the boundary change their kids are suffering are unfortunately probably the parents who DON'T get involved in their child's education. It starts at HOME people, it doesn't matter what school you go to, if your child isn't getting the direction he needs at home in regards to school behavior, studying, homework, etc. your child is not going to do well anywhere. It's easy to point fingers at everyone else when you're not doing what you need to help your child learn. How can a school 2 blocks away actually be "better"? It isn't, it's in the same district. The only difference is the LARGE student body at the "better" school. My child is getting the attention he needs because of the lower enrollment at Mountain Shadows. Unfortunately he is missing out on the funding that we would get if everyone who is SUPPOSED to go to Mountain Shadows would stay put. They don't pick and choose teachers to go to the "better" school!

Posted August 12, 2011
I am very pleased with the education our 4th grader received here. The teacher had extra challenging activities for the higher children. Yes, the students had to be willing to work without being pushed, but the opportunity was there and those truly advanced seemed to take it. The principal and vice principal have both been friendly and willing to speak to me whenever I needed to. I was worried that the 4th grade had large classes (28) compared to the 3rd grade at (19). Five of the six teachers handled them well. One had a very noisy class all of the time.

Mountain Shadows School 1

Posted April 26, 2011
If there was an option for a negative number of stars I would have chosen that. My daughter has been at this school for two years and I have been continuously disappointed. The administration is anything but helpful. My daughter is bored in school and when I asked what teacher I could get her into next year so she'd be challenged I was told I have no choice, that the computer decides and that all their teachers are equal. I have many friends with kids in my daughters grade and in comparing notes, not all their teachers are equal. When I left a message for the principal to call me because I'd like to meet with him, he didn't even return my call. The vice principal called me and told me the same thing. If you want to be involved in your childs' education - this school is NOT for you!

Mountain Shadows School 2

Posted April 04, 2011
My son ended up in this school after a redrawing of boundrys. He attended 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades in this school. His first grade teacher was great, his second grade was ok, his third grade teacher could care less. The principle is dismissive at best. There is negative parent involvement. Admittedly they have a challenging student body but while my son is content not to have to work at school I am not content with him being ignored while they deal with the problems. I am going to join the rest of my nieghborhood and enroll him elsewhere. For those who are looking I suggest you look into some of the nieghboring schools. There are some decent ones not far away.

Mountain Shadows School 3

Posted January 05, 2011
My daughters's class only has about 14 students so I was thinking she might get some extra attention this year. Last year she fell behind in a bigger class on another track. Unfortunately the teacher has had some problems and misses several days a week in class. I feel like she has fallen even further behind. Overall, over the last couple of years I haven't been impressed at all with this school. I've tried to get a permit at another school and will try again, but I may be forced to move to get her a better education.

Mountain Shadows School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
I have 3 children that go to this school. One in 1 grade , 3 grade, and 5 grade. Two of them get bullied all the time and the teachers nor the principal ( Mr. Jacobs ) or asst. principal ( Ms. Biebo) will do anything about it. All they keep saying is ' It's just drama ', yet it had gotten to the point of spreading nasty rumors and actual physical hitting and beating my children. But if they try to protect themselves they get in trouble. What are the schools coming to when you don't know if your children are going to be safe.

Mountain Shadows School 4

Posted May 28, 2008
both of my children attend to mountain shadows I have a 1st grader and 4th grader love the school great teachers great enviroment . I thinks its a parent responsability to be on top of your child education if youare involved everything its easy for your kids , and we have a really nice principal mr Jacobs its always walking around the schools making sure everything its ok . he would always answr your questions no matter what . great man.

Mountain Shadows School
5255 West 7000 South, West Jordan, UT  84084
Last modified Mountain Shadows School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain Shadows School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top