PK-2 & Ungraded|Private

Bad
Good

Dancing Moose Montessori School 2

Posted October 06, 2015
The new school director shows lack of interest and capability in her role. She doesn't like to be questioned. I heard great things about Montessori teachings but they don't treat their students like individuals here. They try and fit them all in the same box. I am truly disappointed in this school.

Posted February 22, 2014
Dancing Moose has provided my husband and I with the peace of knowing that our daughter is in good hands. The teachers, facility, and programs are amazing! We enrolled our daughter (two-years-old) halfway through the year when we realized that she wasn't handling another school option as well as we had hoped. The switch to Dancing Moose has been so beneficial! Our little girl is happy and learns so much every day - she never hesitates to say goodbye in the morning and sometimes doesn't want to leave when we arrive to pick her up! Dancing Moose provides not only high-quality academics, but character training that is invaluable. We couldn't be happier with our choice of schools! We have applied for their dual-immersion Spanish preschool program next year and can't wait to work in the community garden this Spring! Our daughter also gets to learn through music, movement, exploration, manipulative, etc. Dancing Moose is truly amazing!

Posted February 21, 2014
I'm a proud staff member and former parent at Dancing Moose. There is a reason why we call Dancing Moose our second home. There are caring, professional and educated staff members who truly want to provide a loving and healthy environment for children. Dancing Moose provides daily movement classes, a community garden, teaches courtesy and respect... and has a great academic program! There's no better place to be!

Posted February 21, 2014
When we were considering moving to our new neighborhood, one of the reasons we chose the Lake Park area was because of this school. I am a big Montessori fan and this school has it all--a wonderful building, caring loving teachers, classrooms set up with all the great Montessori materials, and tons of bonus programs like dance, yoga, gardening, and more. Love this school!

Posted February 10, 2014
This school is excellent. My daughter loves her teacher, and I love that her teacher has a Bachelor degree and will finish her Montessori certification this year. I'm glad she came back from a maternity leave to teach my daughter who is 4 years old and already reading. She loves to go to school each day and talks about "my smiling teacher" each night. As a working mom, I am so thankful for Dancing Moose and my daughter's loving teacher. It's no wonder that this school has won best of state metals multiple years.

Posted December 07, 2013
I love Dancing Moose. My son began attending kindergarten this Fall, and he has progressed beyond my imagination. Last summer he was diagnosed with a learning disability, and he has progressed from not knowing all of his letter sounds to reading Level A readers. I am so grateful for his two teachers and their dedication to excellence. He is even learning some Spanish!

Dancing Moose Montessori School 2

Posted December 27, 2012
I am very disappointed with Dancing Moose. I loved it when my kids were preschool age but the part time kindergarten class is a disaster. This class includes kids ages 3-5. Some kids attend 3x a week, some 2x a week and some 5x a week. On top of that, kindergarten kids are there 5x a week. I just do not think it is possible for teachers to properly focus on kindergarten age kids in 3 hours a day with all younger kids around. They just kept working on the same things as in preschool program. Several parents moved their kids to different schools as I did. It seems it did not concern Dancing Moose administration at all.

Dancing Moose Montessori School 1

Posted October 22, 2012
My kids have been attending DMM for almost 2 years now. It was great until about 5 months ago. The school had a very different feel to it, new director, limited staff. There are new teachers almost every month. Teachers being let go for yelling at kids. There is no proactive approach about handling any issues that arise. I had to find out from my daughter instead of seeing a report and seeing what is being done to address violence and kids roaming free around the school. They are not very open to any suggestions or complaints. Very unprofessional in handling any concerns, especially the director who is very condescending to say the least. It is an all inclusive school with inexperienced and uncertified teachers who are left to handle children including those with any special needs. You are not made aware of the possibility of having kids with special needs being the classroom when you are registering your child but when you hear about incidences happening during class time - bullying, disrespect as well as hitting not only towards classmates but towards teachers also. Very unprofessional and unsafe environment, where my daughter learned disrespect and pugnacious words!

Posted August 07, 2012
My little ones have been attending DMM for 2 years now! We love everything from the building, the garden, the Montessori method with integrated Utah standards, the healthy food plus snacks, wonderful teachers that care for your child as if they were their own and a great administration who knows each family member by name! They really have made this a fun & cool community atmosphere to be a part of! Thank you!

Posted January 24, 2012
Dancing Moose is fantastic! My daughter loves her two teachers and she's learned so much I am amazed every day. I never have to worry when I drop her off in the morning. I looked hard for an outstanding school, and I found it at Dancing Moose.

Dancing Moose Montessori School