Public charter
West Valley City, UT

Monticello Academy 1

Posted September 18, 2014
This school was a good school, my kids use to go there,( couldn't get them out fast enough under this new office staff) the many principals/director changes makes it an inconsistent place for learning. The lead/head secretary is a rude, condescending, self absorbed prima-donna and the current director is not much better to deal with. STAY AWAY if you want peace of mind. Its to bad some of the teachers are excellent and have to work under horrible conditions.

Posted September 07, 2014
Monticello Academy is an challenging is a great school that offers an excellent educational curriculum. The staff goes above and beyond to help the children succeed. The programs from sports to after school activities/clubs offer a wide variety of choice so kids can participate in activities that excite them. I have an 8th, 5th and Kindergartner and all have been going to there since they started school. I would not consider another school.

Monticello Academy 4

Posted April 17, 2014
My son's school is Monticello Academy. It is required to wear uniform. I like this school because the school provides a lot of different activities after school. This makes the children more fun after school. There is monthly family night in school. It has a very fun time with my child and other children's families. Now the school is planning to build a high school. I hope the high school will be built as soon as possible! Then I don't need to worry to look for a high school for my child.

Posted April 17, 2014
Monticello Academy sets up students for success by effectively teaching students a rigorous curriculum. The teachers go above and beyond by providing interventions for struggling students and more in depth critical thinking based content as enrichment for gifted students

Posted April 17, 2014
I heard good coments and a excellent feedback for this school. I think they are doing a great job with kids.

Posted November 10, 2011
I love Monticello! My kids have gone there since kindergarten and they love it too. They start changing classes in 4th grade and at first I thought this was too much, but it has made my son so much more responsible and organized. They are able to choose a foreign language in 4th grade and my son loves Chinese. There are a lot of expectations put on the kids but that is just the way I like it. We have lost some good teachers and so I wish the administration would do more to keep the really great ones but I'm glad my first two kids had them before they left. I think that the administartion could be more supportive but I love the parent envolvement in the school and that's what really keeps everything going so smoothly

Posted May 24, 2011
My child has been in this school since the beginning, and next year another one of our children will start there. This school is great because it focuses on education. My child has the right amount of homework each night and is given great instruction by her teachers. This school has been learning and working hard since it began, it still has a few bumps, but they learn from their mistakes and continue to grow. Highly recommend.

Posted October 28, 2010
The school focuses on learning and academic achievement. The School is not afraid to make changes and not every change has been good, however, I can say that the school has improved every year. There has been a huge effort by parents, staff and board members to improve the school and in the end that is what makes a great school . We recently moved from the area and though the public school my kids attend now is a very good (scored 8), Monticello is better. This school is not for everybody. If you do not want expectations put upon your kid and YOURSELF, then this is not the right school for you. If you believe that kids need to be challenged and that parents need to be heavily involved in their kids education (meaning sitting down and working with your child), then this may be the right school.

Posted September 09, 2009
I love this school. Monticello goes beyond the basics and allows our children opportunities to excel in art, music and foreign language. Many schools are cutting art and music due to budget restraints. I am glad these subjects are included in the curriculum. It's nice that our kids get a well rounded education. Our teachers are amazing and teach a subject they are passionate about and excel in. Science teachers teach science, math teachers teach math. Other schools have teachers that teach all subjects regardless of where their strengths are.

Monticello Academy 4

Posted September 08, 2009

Monticello Academy
2782 South Corporate Park Dr, West Valley City, UT  84120
Last modified Monticello Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monticello Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top