Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The school atmosphere is great, kids are pretty friendly and parent are very involved. They start a jr high rotation schedule in 4th grade which I hate and my daughter at 9 years old struggles to keep up. They also have A TON of homework even the little ones. I think the building is also way to small for all the grades that are offered. The teachers in the upper grades seem very overwhelmed.

First time putting my kid in public school. The teacher very observant and support the student success. My daughter was supposed to be in Kindergarten, according to her age but the kindie placement test indicate that she's too advanced. So on the 1st day of school, she entered 1st Grade. The 1st Grade teacher then test her when she needs to group students according to their level. My daughter ended up still too advanced. The principal got involved in this and test my daughter for almost an hour 'n decide to move her to 2nd Grade (with my permission/approval) --- After 2 months passed, we attend our 1st parents-teacher conference. We learned our daughter is indeed where she supposed to be. Because even in 2nd Grade, she still on top of the lists with straight A's. I am glad that all the teachers and the principal are sensitive enough to catch a gifted student and make adjustment based on their ability and accomodate the student. They also make sure my daughter socially fit in that class. If they see that she's not emotionally ready, they won't move her. I also active volunteering in her previous class, helping other kids that kind of fall behind. Monticello Academy really care about all of their students, not only the gifted one. They try their best to accomodate every students. I definitely recommend this school!!!

Develops character: Strongly agree

They test student case per case. They observed my daughter and accomodate to her needs. Despite there was no spot in 2nd Grade at that time but they make it happen. Kudos to the Principal!

A choir director that became so hostile, that he threw his glasses at a student, hitting him in the head, and months later is still teaching. A principal and assistant that keep "forgetting" to do transfer paperwork for my child so she failed a class She wasn't even in. A "Fee" for an after school dinner, that should be voluntary under the Utah state admin code, that we cannot pay, but they will hold her yearbook, which they cashed the check for. Stay away from this school. They are operating under very shady conditions.

This school was a good school, my kids use to go there,( couldn't get them out fast enough under this new office staff) the many principals/director changes makes it an inconsistent place for learning. The lead/head secretary is a rude, condescending, self absorbed prima-donna and the current director is not much better to deal with. STAY AWAY if you want peace of mind. Its to bad some of the teachers are excellent and have to work under horrible conditions.

Monticello Academy is an challenging is a great school that offers an excellent educational curriculum. The staff goes above and beyond to help the children succeed. The programs from sports to after school activities/clubs offer a wide variety of choice so kids can participate in activities that excite them. I have an 8th, 5th and Kindergartner and all have been going to there since they started school. I would not consider another school.

My son's school is Monticello Academy. It is required to wear uniform. I like this school because the school provides a lot of different activities after school. This makes the children more fun after school. There is monthly family night in school. It has a very fun time with my child and other children's families. Now the school is planning to build a high school. I hope the high school will be built as soon as possible! Then I don't need to worry to look for a high school for my child.

Monticello Academy sets up students for success by effectively teaching students a rigorous curriculum. The teachers go above and beyond by providing interventions for struggling students and more in depth critical thinking based content as enrichment for gifted students

I heard good coments and a excellent feedback for this school. I think they are doing a great job with kids.

I love Monticello! My kids have gone there since kindergarten and they love it too. They start changing classes in 4th grade and at first I thought this was too much, but it has made my son so much more responsible and organized. They are able to choose a foreign language in 4th grade and my son loves Chinese. There are a lot of expectations put on the kids but that is just the way I like it. We have lost some good teachers and so I wish the administration would do more to keep the really great ones but I'm glad my first two kids had them before they left. I think that the administartion could be more supportive but I love the parent envolvement in the school and that's what really keeps everything going so smoothly

Last modified Monticello Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.