431 students|Granite District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Teachers do the best they can with what they have, but need MORE, especially with classes that have difficult children!

DO NOT MAKE YOUR CHILD GO HERE!!! I have NEVER had so many problems with a school.... Two of my 3 children attend, both girls. (Very bright girls) school is very important in my house hold, my children had always done well until they came to this school. Police are called here at least 3X a week, if your child is picked on they could care less and you can count on your child being in trouble for being the victim. My daughter WAS NOT ALLOWED to go to the bathroom and had an accident in the front of her whole class.... School is not prison, a child should not make up an excuse every day to not have to go to school. This school is not worth a rating even.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Children learn by having fun, feeling comfortable and being happy. I don't think most of the faculty offers that, let alone safety

Amount of homework: Agree

My girls don't struggle with work, it's not the homework that is the problem. It is the attitude of the administration and other surrounding problems with faculty

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Mean and untrustworthy, children hate it. Have never had so many problems with a school.

Carl Sandburg is a great school! The teachers work hard to make sure every student can succeed. The office staff and Principal get to know the students and really care about them, as do the teachers. Each year the teachers continue taking classes to improve their skills, and there are many activities for the students to be involved in.

I love this school I went here for elementary and Now my daughter and my Niece go here it's amazing how much they have excelled. My daughters Teacher is Mrs.Edwards and she is amazing, she teaches them sign language as well as everything else. She also makes youtube videos so that when your child is at home they will know as well as your self how to do the homework she also does songs to help with the homework as well. Very amazing teacher. I love this school and the staff. They never let a child be left behind on anything they will work with them until they understand it. I will recommend this school to everyone.

I have 3 kids that attend. We have problems with teachers every year. The teachers don't give you a whole lot of information as to what they are teaching the kids. If the kids don't finish their work they have to stay inside for recess. My kids all say they don't have enough time. My 7 year old was held after school for 15 minutes because another kid was picking on him, so they both got in trouble. The school never called me, I had the whole family looking everywhere for him, calling the neighbors, went back to the school twice. Finally I went in the school to his class room and found him there. Well I have found a different school for next year. The principal doesn't seem to care about making parents happy. Just a few of the many problems.

My child began attending this school in the fall of 2011, and I have been very satisfied with his education thus far. The curriculum has been well rounded, which was important to me as I feel science and art are just as important as reading and math. There are also a wide variety of children of various races, religions, and socioeconomic backgrounds which gives the school a great multicultural feel (something that can be lacking in Utah). The principal is very active and visible around the school, and she, along with the office staff, know my child by name and always seem happy to see him. I work closely with my child's teacher to ensure he is getting the support he needs at home, and she has always welcomed my impromptu visits. Overall I feel this school is well run and am happy my child enjoys his class and is receiving a quality education.

The teachers are attentive and take the time to make sure the kids know what to do. TheHe staff is very friendly

Last modified Carl Sandburg School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.