Granger School

Public | PK-6 | 922 students

Posted April 30, 2014

Granger Elementary is a great school to teach at! The population is diverse which allows us all to experience the world as it is! I love the students here. They are motivated to learn, well behaved and respectful. I love the team of teachers that I work with and I am very excited about our future. The direction of education excites me and has motivated me to improve each year, as a teacher. The administration has a lot to do with that. I have been teaching for 22 years in California and Washington State. I have never felt more motivated for change and improvement than I do now. I attribute that to Granger Elementary. I live 45 minutes away and I have never considered looking for a job closer to home! All of these things add up to good experience with students, parents and staff!!

Posted April 29, 2014

When you walk into a school you can tell a lot by how you are greeted at the front office. I have been in schools where the staff were grumpy and unresponsive. This school year at Granger, the office staff has consistently greeted me with a smile and helped me. Several times I have seen the principal in the office helping out when it gets crowded. I like that she is willing to help out. I am impressed with the positive changes I have seen at Granger and hope they continue.

Posted April 29, 2014

My school is committed to its amazing students. We are implementing incredible teaching practices to ensure our students achieve, no matter where the are at in their learning!

Posted April 29, 2014

One of the best things about Granger is that we are a community school. This means that we are often able to support families with basic needs such as food, clothing, and medical care. Granger is also blessed with phenomenal leadership, and a knowledgeable, caring staff. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else!

Posted April 28, 2014

I love working with Granger staff and Granger families. This is one of the first schools I have worked at where the principal genuinely cares about every single student and their family. She also is very supportive and receptive to staff needs. I look forward to going to work each day at Granger and supporting young learners to be their best.

Posted April 28, 2014

My school has a principal that has high standards and wants all students to do their best. She cares about each student.

Posted January 22, 2014

My daughter is attending the preschool program. I have been impressed with the progress she has made while attending. I can always count on excellent communication from the teachers and quick responses to any concerns. I am grateful for the preschool's assistance and guidance in laying the foundation for my daughter's education.

Posted August 7, 2013

This school has some of the nicest little kids I have ever known! This school is working to meet the needs of families in the community. It is important for parents to support the school by having a good and helpful attitude.

Posted July 29, 2013

My school is continually working to meet the needs of students, parents, and the community.

Posted September 5, 2012

I've had children in multiple schools but this is the first one where I did not feel like my children's safety or well being was taken seriously.

Posted August 30, 2011

Im not going to base my 1st two experience with this rude and snobby office lady. Im sorry I had to stand their for a minute to listen to your story until you were finish to assist. I am not going to pull the race card either and just assume its just her lousy character. I hope Granger elementary does not have the same. I just called my wife and she had the same experience with her, FROM YESTERDAY TIL TODAY. 8/28-29/11.

Posted August 15, 2010

Who wrote these other reviews? I think their spelling/grammar may hold the clue. "Defiantely" ??? I write this review as an involved parent of an intelligent caucasian child. I can summarize this - ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDIN' ME? (unnerstan??). This school is so busy catering to the dominant hispanic population (who do not attempt to learn english) that my son isn't learning a thing at school. The children are violent and rude. The staff is quite helpful in trying to keep the students safe - but that is only if you have hours and hours and hours to spend down there - and a LOT of patience, and if you DEMAND something be done. HORRIBLE school. Absolutely horrible.

Posted October 15, 2008

I love the new building. The teachers are dedicated and excellent. They are understanding and supportive. They provided lots of resources. The reason I am giving only 4 stars is because of the lack of parental involvement. If the parents cared as much as the teachers, this school will easily become the best school in the entire nation!

Posted June 26, 2007

Granger Elementary is a fabulous school with caring and outstanding Teachers and Staff. They defiantly take the 'no child left behind' to heart; it shows. This is a school to be very proud of; although, we really need more Parent involvement, and willingness to help.

Posted April 15, 2007

A very improved school. I would recommend it to other parents.
—Submitted by a student

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 79% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2010.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Utah used the Utah Criterion-Referenced Test (CRT) to test students in grades 2 through 11 in Language Arts, in grades 2 through 8 in Math, in grades 4 through 8 in Science and upon completion of certain courses in grades 8 through 11. The CRT is a standards-based testing program, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Utah. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

124 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 78% in 2013.

124 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 69% in 2013.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 80% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 80% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 77% in 2013.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 82% in 2013.

117 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

117 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 75% in 2013.

115 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 56% in 2010.

n/a
Pre-Algebra

The state average for Pre-Algebra was 67% in 2010.

n/a

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 7% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 86%N/A48%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3702 South 1950 West