797 students|Granite District

Bad
Good

Hillsdale School 5

Posted August 22, 2013
Loved this school when my son attended, they have an after school program that is just awesome! It helped my son a bunch!

Hillsdale School 2

Posted October 18, 2012
This school has a teacher that framed me for something I never done and she picked on me all the time. One time when she was lecturing about something (Which I can't remember), and I my mind was elsewhere, she called my name then she said "stop picking on your nose" I never did that and I got so embarrassed and students start mocking me after class. One time I accidently broke (I can't remember what I break) and I can't fix it and other teacher walk by the class and saw me, he came in to say hi to me then asked me what I was doing, and I told him I broke this and couldn't fix it. He offered to fix it for me and he fixed it. Later, when I wasn't in her class, one of her student breaked that same item and she literrally framed that I broke it and I refused to fix it because I didn't break it. I do not know why school even hire people who is not moral, racists, and like to bully students to be a teacher. Other than that, this school isn't a bad school it just doesn't have that many upright and honest teachers there.

Hillsdale School 5

Posted April 09, 2009
I went to this school as a child and my daughter went there for 2 years. I think HIllsdale is a great school. They have book fairs all the time (buy one get one free). They also have family night often. The teachers are great and they care if your child is doing good in all they do.

Hillsdale School

Posted September 19, 2008
My son has been to the challenger program and ended up having other children beating on him, he then went to orchard elementry where his kindergarten teacher diagnosed him with add (since when do they give psychologist doctrines to education majors) then he went to hillsdale and this school is awsome! They have helped him excel up to the grade he is currently in. The teachers really care about their students and take a special interest in their students. To actually be able to compare hillsdale to a private school says alot. Thank you to all the staff at hillsdale for giving my son a pleasant educational experience, especially miss johnson, and mrs. fonseca! you guys are awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted September 26, 2006
I think that Hillsdale Elementary is a really good shool. There are alot of fun activities. Choir, debate, sports, and more! The quality of programs overall is pretty good. Choir goes to Abravenal Hall, artwork gets shown, music classes perform, and it is overall pretty good.I am a student here and I've been in the choir, art class, debate, and music. All the teachers are nice and teach at a good steady rate.

Posted November 21, 2004
I have been pleased with Hillsdale's gifted student program in the lower grades, but it seems to fade out in the 5th and 6th grades. My son has loved his teachers, particularly Miss Curtis and Mrs. Hinkley. I am concerned about the testing scores among the west side schools, particularly the scores of the junior high school my son is due to enter in the fall. I think a 'term syllabus' or some sort of tenative schedule would be helpful in elementary schools. I also think parents would benefit from more feedback and interaction from the teachers in the 5th and 6th grades. Parents should be required to volunteer at least two days a year, if not more. More bilingual help should come from the community for elementary schools in this area. This is a pivitol time in education and the more help and communication the better!

Posted October 17, 2004
They have a wonderful Principal she really cares and it is obvious. But the Vice Principal leaves much to be desired if you have to speak to her or deal with her at all she gives little or no respect or kindness. I have felt belittled by her and have seen other parents speaking with her extremely upset and leaving practically in tears. But the rest of the administration and teachers are wonderful and caring. Though a little too busy, obviously too much on their schedules but who in this world is not always extremely busy?

Hillsdale School
3275 West 3100 South, West Valley City, UT  84119
Last modified Hillsdale School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.