West Valley City, UT

Jackling School 3

Posted June 10, 2015
My child has been attending Jackling for 4 years and has done very well. The principal knows me and my child by name and is bilingual. Teachers have all be good at encouraging him and finding ways to challenge the students. Overall very good staff. In my opinion parental involvement is low and the neighborhood this school serves has many economic and social challenges. Although my child has done well I can't help but wonder if it is because the curriculum has been altered to accommodate all the students that are struggling.

Posted October 02, 2014
Over the last 10 years I have been able to see this school grow. I have had 6 children attend this school from 2003-2005 and again from 2010-2014. I love the current principle and staff. I would not have my kids attend any other Elementary. I have been very happy with the special ed teachers, and speech program. Many of the subjects my children struggled in are now some of their favorite. I have never had any issues with the staff approaching things differently for my child to learn. I am always surprised about the amount of work and care they put into the classrooms.

Jackling School 4

Posted September 10, 2014
I love this school. My daughter is in 2nd grade. All of the interactions have been good. I love the principle he knows the kids names and is very involved.

Posted April 01, 2012
My child has bee attending Jackling since 2004. Great school I would recommend this school to anyone. This last year the school scores went up 25%, Jackling has implicatd new programs, and have a Awesome staff. I would recommend this school to anyone. There is great diversity, I love that my chlid is exposed to so many wonderful cultures.

Jackling School 2

Posted October 24, 2005
Parent invlovement is high. Quality of teaching is poor. Rude staff. My child is in the special needs class. I have just learned the 1 on 1 time for her needs is approx. 20 minutes a day at best. I was told I should feel lucky that she gets 1 on 1 at speech. If you are in this class to learn and try and reach your IEP, why would you skip everthing and try to teach math and other things when reading and writing have not even been acheived. The teachers from 1st - now just do not care and have no answers to help or guide you in a positive direction. My child is being taken out of this school for lack of teaching.

Jackling School 1

Posted May 16, 2004
My review, is not favorable to Jackling Elementary, in both staff and the Principal. With the exception of one or two teachers this school lacks any real staff and the program is Very Poor at best.

Jackling School 2

Posted March 07, 2004
I have two children who attend this school, and I myself have attended Jackling. The quality of the school since I attended has gone way down. The teachers are good, but they could be better. The curriculum is not a good program, it doesn't focus on helping our children advance. The office help is very unfriendly and uncooperative. I wish to withdraw my children at the end of this school year. (2003-2004)

Posted August 26, 2003
I want all parents to know what a wonderful school Jackling is. I have 2 children attending this school right now and have had a very special relationship with all the teachers, the social workers and the principal. Everyone at Jacking is very caring.

Jackling School 1

Posted June 28, 2003
We have lived in this School district for the past 10 years and this last school year 2002 - 2003 was the worst. Most of the Teachers at Jackling don't seem to like children in general and I had to go to the Granite School District 3-4 times this past year. I am moving this summer so my youngest will not attend this year.

Jackling School
3760 South 4610 West, West Valley City, UT  84120
Last modified Jackling School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jackling School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top