Posted April 04, 2009

Posted December 12, 2008
I am always proud to say that I go to Kennedy because this school has excellent extracurricular and performing arts programs that allow us teens to feel great about ourselves and develop good social skills and self esteem. I am also happy to report that it is a very clean school, it is easy to recognize that the custodians do care for the well being of the students. School unity is also excellent, because the school gives many opportunities to be involved in sports, Academic Games, the spring musical and Peer Leadership Team; the students can experience working as teams to accomplish something greater than individuals can. In conclusion, my school is freakin' awsome and I am a very proud Kenney Crusader! :D

Posted October 26, 2008

Posted May 09, 2007
Kennedy Jr High is an excellent school. As both a parent and a substitute teacher at the school I am constantly impressed with the level of education the children receive. The teachers are more than devoted to educating students and work many hours above what is required to give students the best education opportunities possible. The dress code is remarkable and creates more equality with the students. The principal is very supportive of all groups and organizations within the school and attends nearly every sporting event, concert, art show, plays, (etc.) that the school participates in. Students are allowed every opportunity to participate in any type of program that interests them from art, band, choir, dance, and drama to woodworking, academic games, MESA, and sports all of which are top rate programs with excellent instructors that go above and beyond. I would recommend this school to anyone wanting to do well.

John F. Kennedy Jr High School 4

Posted November 08, 2006
I have two daughters that attend JFK. We are extremely satified with the education our daughters are receiving form JFK. Whenever I contact the school or visit the school I am treated with the upmost respect from the staff as well as the students I encounter. I have read other reviews about JFK online and do not agree with the negative reviews. Parent involvement in your child's education and school will bring success, lack of involvement will only lead to failure.

John F. Kennedy Jr High School 4

Posted September 19, 2006
JFK, It is one of the better schools. I have seen many junior high schools. some of them are not even in control. The uniform system creates discipline right from the beginning. It is a very structured school, I am very pleased to have my daughter in this school

Posted September 19, 2006
This school has a dress code that inconsistently enforced. Every staff member has their own interpretation of it. This confuses students and parents alike. Teachers, for the most part do not answer E-mails and/or messages. Some teachers use inappropriate language in the classroom. Students feel discriminated against. Students show no respect for staff and viceversa. Parents are, most of the time, ignored. There are a few good dedicated teachers, but like I said they are only a few. Students are not challenged and are treated like thieves. This is not a very good school. I have terribly dissapointed.

Posted August 19, 2005
This school has one good thing going for it. The kids have a stricked dress code. Other then that, It's doors should probubly close. There is absolutly no feed back from the teachers, even when you spacipacly ask for it. I was able to find two teachers that were willing to keep me informed with what my children were doing in class and what help they might need. Unfortunatly the one moved to Japan and the other retired last year. The teachers never update thier grades on the net, and are unavalabel for parents to talk to ether in person or on the phone. I am sickened by the lack of education at this very poor school.

Posted March 09, 2005
Their '0 tolerance' rule is a joke. Kids here are rude and run the teachers. I think the teachers are afraid of the students. If a child falls behind, the teachers do not let the parents know. (some people do not have access to the internet) There has not been a new thought in this school in 15 years. My children went to this school in the 80's and it was an awesome school. Now my grandkids go here and it is a good thing their parents have access to education sites on the internet to teach what the kids are not learning. The kids say the classes are so boring that they just don't want to even attend class.

John F. Kennedy Jr High School 2

Posted March 09, 2005
The teachers do not contact the parents when the student is falling behind except through the internet. So if you don't have access to the internet you will never hear from the teacher, good or bad news. There is no extra effort to get the kids excited in their futures, the kids just wander through 3 years of junior high. The kids in the cracks that need help are just being passed over. There are lots of bullys in this school that get away with their pranks, not that no one sees them, I just think more than the kids are afraid of them.

John F. Kennedy Jr High School
4495 South 4800 West, West Valley City, UT  84120
Last modified John F. Kennedy Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John F. Kennedy Jr High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.