West Valley City, UT

Monroe School 4

Posted March 05, 2014
First year at this school, 1st grade dual immersion. My kid needed something that would challenge him and this has been so great for him. His teachers are great and he loves going to school. They constantly have rewarding activities for the kids to keep them interested in going above and beyond. I couldn't be happier with the results we have received.

Posted March 11, 2013
The school needs serious help with their administration. I had special needs for my daughter, and they tossed it to the wayside. the didn't take anything I said to heart as to help my daughter succeed in school. Kids are not cookie cutters. Each child is different.

Monroe School 4

Posted July 17, 2012
Mr. Record is the best! My daughter was in the first grade dual immersion program there this year, and Mr. Record and Senora Beller were stellar teachers. I believe there are not enough parents involved in their childrens' educations here, and my daughter was the only Caucasian girl in her class. But the faculty & staff are pretty stellar from my experience.

Posted April 21, 2008
The school didn't pass NCLB for the last school year so my child has had very little science and social studies this year. Finally at the end of the year he is studying in these subjects. Most of the year has been math and reading. I do not feel that he has received a well rounded education. The teachers do seem to really care about the students. There are a lot of extra curricular activities but I have never been sent home any info so that I can get my child involved. There are a lot of ESL students that attend this school and the school does put significant resources into helping those students and their parents. While I can understand the necessity of helping these students, I don't feel enough resources are available for the English speaking kids that are struggling. Summer school is now limited to ESL students, etc.

Monroe School 3

Posted November 01, 2007
We really struggled last year in second grade, was hoping for better this year as my son was placed in advanced learning courses and there was huge hype about getting computers/laptops in the classroom. It is now November and I have yet to see either of these come to fruition. Assemblies or parent activities are a nightmare as a lot of parents use it for a social hour and talk incessantly, or don't control their smaller children. I am always annoyed and often embarrassed for them when the principal must wait for the parents to quiet down! There is a high percentage of minority here which is a big part of what I love, my son holds no prejudice, but it does seem that so much energy is used to get these kids up to par and help them teach their parents english that there is nothing left for gifted students.

Monroe School 5

Posted August 28, 2007
Great leadership! Lots of fun extracurricular activities. Music, drama, dance, sport. The teachers are great!

Posted October 31, 2006

Monroe School 5

Posted August 04, 2004
This is an awesome school! I have never had such a great experience with teachers and principles. I have 3 children in the school. The teacher truely care about the student, as a person. The principal gets to know each child by name and is involved. They treat the children with respect and in return get respect back from the children. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Monroe School
4450 West 3100 South, West Valley City, UT  84120
Last modified Monroe School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monroe School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top