Bad
Good

My son goes here, and some days are good and some days, not so much. One day my son had not gotten on the bus for is daycare yet, so i called the office to see if they knew anything, the admin tells me she'll do a call for him, then puts me on hold in the middle of my question, comes back on the line to tell me no one answered the call and then hung up on me. No, explanation, no, let me see if i can track down his teacxher, nothing, just dead air. So i called back , thinking , ok maybe the phone got disconnected accidently, nope, same gruff explanation and boom, thats right ,hung up on me again. So, my 2nd grade son could be anywhere, lost, picked up by a stranger, anything, and there was no concern for him at all. Luckily the daycare bus driver called me a few minutes later to say he had made it on the bus, but this is just one of the issues i've had with this school. Like i said, not the best school, but not the worst either.

This school does an excellent job with its holiday programs. It is one of those public schools that has a nice big auditorium with better acoustics than these new state of the art schools. They do plenty to let your kids have fun. I am really happy with my sons teacher and other staff at the school. Education actually is happening here, and I don't see why you would need to wast your time sending your kid to a charter school. Teachers are more comfortable here since they are backed by a union. It is a big sacrifice to work in a public school, and the teacher's at Farnsworth are worth more than they know. Thank you teachers, keep up the great work.

Our young relative who goes to this school is an A STUDENT MODEL CHILD but says he "HATES" FARNSWORTH and BEGS to be sent elsewhere. My spouse, who is 100% legally DISABLED went into FARNSWORTH to pick up our student. My husband has his LEGGALLY CERTIFIED PROFESSIONALLY TRAINED SERVICE DOG (complete with HARNESS and PATCH) with him. The FARNSWORTH OFFICE and ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF ---- basicially THREW my dysabled husband, complete with official service dog, OUT OF THE SCHOOL. THEIR EXCUSE???? That the KIDS WOULD GET ALLERGIES (HEY CHECK THE ADA --- IT WON'T QUITE AGREE with YOU, but WE'VE decided to maybe let it ride. You would do yourself and the school/children a favor if you carefully checked the state and federal statutes. )

I have not had one problem with this school, My son has had great teachers he has shown great progress. Thanks to all who have treated him like any other student. I love the secretary when i call she so nice and understands i know when i call i can count on her to do the job right, i really have not gotten to know the principle, but i do know she is doing a great job and its sad to see her go, i'm excited for next year can't wait to meet the next best teacher, if i could work at this school i totally would. :D

Last modified Philo T. Farnsworth School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.