827 students|Granite District

Bad
Good

My kindergartener is very smart and has not been challenged at all by his teachers. When he asked the librarians for a more difficult book to read, they told him he couldn't because it would be "too hard" for him. Beyond that, the bullying is out of control. Two aggressive children in the classroom have been physically and verbally bullying my child and others. There has been spitting in my child's face, punching, cranking my child's head back, and one child holding my son by the shirt while another hit him repeatedly. It is a nightmare for me to send my child to school. Repeated attempts to address the issue with teachers and the principal have been fruitless. They essentially shrug their shoulders and say there is nothing they can do. There is little surveillance during recess which seems to be when most of these issues come up. They also use the restroom with the rest of school and there is no adult to go with them. Other issues have come up during these bathroom breaks. Overall I have been heartbroken at my child's experience here. We will not be returning for 1st grade.

I was horrified by the treatment of my 1st grader at this school. The staff is terrible. The treatment of parents is so rude that it haunts you when you leave the building. Basically, the school has a large minority population, and the staff has extreme prejudices which are readily recognizable from the moment you step in the door. The building is woefully underfunded--by far the worst looking elementary school I have ever walked into in my entire life--and the playground wasn't even supervised on any of the visits. The priniciple sent home notes to parents with grammical errors, while parents are forced to sign homework every night stating that their children are studying. In 6 hours of school, if the kids are not learning, it isn't the result of the parent's nightly 20 minutes. Just disgust...

Redwood elementary has been a horrible school for my children. We recently moved into the area and the school has been difficult to work with. I would not recommend this school to any parent. The administration is not very helpful, and the majority of the teachers just don't seem to care very much. The programs offered for the students are a joke and these students are treated badly by all staff. I would avoid this school like the plague.

Last modified Redwood School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.