West Valley City, UT

Posted September 16, 2009
I love hillside!! the principal is wonderful, and the one bad teacher we had no longer works there. All the teachers are very kind, and the office staff knows all the kids by name. The best part is that parents are welcome to bring their younger children into the school with them when they volunteer. Everyone is welcome. Everyday my children have something wonderful and exciting to share. We love hillside!

Hillside School 4

Posted October 10, 2008
All three of my children attended Hillside grades K-6. For the most part, it was a very good experience. We had a few teachers over the years I didn't care for, but most of the teachers here really loved the kids and went the extra mile to educate them.

Posted January 17, 2008
We recently moved to buy a bigger house.What a mistake! Hillside was perfect for our children. Your child will learn to be an excellent reader. They have a lot of incentives to motivate any child to want to achieve and learn. They will love going to school. I enjoyed the teachers and staff. They did get a new principal this year so I don't know if things have changed. They offer many programs at Hillside and in Granite School District that Jordan District does not offer (Accelerated programs; gifted and talented; accerated reading and math and more). We loved Mrs. Pincock, Mrs. Anglin, Miss Evans, Mrs. Down, and Mrs. Partner...The PTA is does many wonderful things to keep your child involved. I would go for a smaller district and smaller school. The teachers were wonderful and really prepared my children academically.

Hillside School 1

Posted June 06, 2007
Hillside did not meet the needs of my student. We had 4 teachers in 5 grades that were not interested in teaching my student. They only teach to the mainstream students. If the student is above or below average the teachers just don't have time for them. It's a shame. If your student is average they may do well. If not, don't choose Hillside.

Hillside School 4

Posted March 01, 2006
Hillside has improved greatly over the last few years. My child is now in 5th grade and I am very glad to have him there. There were some issues before but they have changed so much that I will be sad to see my child move into Jr. High. They have great staff and it is obvious that they are all there to help our children succeed! Thank you Hillside!

Hillside School 2

Posted October 31, 2005

Posted September 13, 2005
We love Hillside! Excellent speech and reading resource teachers. Fun family activities, great teachers and staff. The only issue I have ever had is some of the after-school activites and family nite activites are centered around one specific religious/value system without considering other cultures and/or beliefs. I think that this does not take away from hillside as this tends to come from the parents and PTA staff.

Hillside School
4283 South 6000 West, West Valley City, UT  84128
Last modified Hillside School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillside School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top