650 students|Granite District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The care is is just not there it's about the Paycheck it's rates a 2/10 for a reason needs to staff starting in the OFFICE.

The Principal there for the Retirement plan she is not about the kids.However they do have some pretty Awesome teachers.

they suck they are mean so not cool not like them don't do it just don't

Amount of homework: Disagree

it not cool if they gave us no homework at all it would be awesome but they don't :(

Develops character: Strongly disagree

no because they don't teach you anything at all not joking they are very mean

they're teachers are mean some are ok 1 out of 100 I would say 5

I love hillside!! the principal is wonderful, and the one bad teacher we had no longer works there. All the teachers are very kind, and the office staff knows all the kids by name. The best part is that parents are welcome to bring their younger children into the school with them when they volunteer. Everyone is welcome. Everyday my children have something wonderful and exciting to share. We love hillside!

All three of my children attended Hillside grades K-6. For the most part, it was a very good experience. We had a few teachers over the years I didn't care for, but most of the teachers here really loved the kids and went the extra mile to educate them.

We recently moved to buy a bigger house.What a mistake! Hillside was perfect for our children. Your child will learn to be an excellent reader. They have a lot of incentives to motivate any child to want to achieve and learn. They will love going to school. I enjoyed the teachers and staff. They did get a new principal this year so I don't know if things have changed. They offer many programs at Hillside and in Granite School District that Jordan District does not offer (Accelerated programs; gifted and talented; accerated reading and math and more). We loved Mrs. Pincock, Mrs. Anglin, Miss Evans, Mrs. Down, and Mrs. Partner...The PTA is does many wonderful things to keep your child involved. I would go for a smaller district and smaller school. The teachers were wonderful and really prepared my children academically.

Hillside did not meet the needs of my student. We had 4 teachers in 5 grades that were not interested in teaching my student. They only teach to the mainstream students. If the student is above or below average the teachers just don't have time for them. It's a shame. If your student is average they may do well. If not, don't choose Hillside.

Last modified Hillside School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.