West Valley School 5

Posted November 12, 2013
This school has been great. The teachers go our of their way to create time to talk with you and really go above and beyond what is minimally required. The administration does their job, but could possibly be more friendly, though I guess they must stay professional. The community really cares about the school, their kids and their success and it shows.

West Valley School 1

Posted June 06, 2013
The office staff at this school are a complete joke. We moved into this neighborhood two years ago, and decided to support the public school despite the lack-luster reviews. I now know why half the neighborhood kids leave for the three nearby charter schools. My son's teachers were amazing, and sadly, that was the only great thing about his experience there. The principal is clueless and pretends to care, but doesn't follow through (she is being replaced though, so hopefully things will now change). I have walked in on the office staff gossiping about parents and students more than once in the front office. I have rarely been greeted there, and have always felt like a nuisance when checking in for my WEEKLY volunteer time. It really seems the only people who care about the children are the teachers, and this makes it hard to really get the support students and parents need. This school is the reason we have put our house up for sale.

West Valley School 1

Posted May 05, 2013
The people at this school were nice to my daughter... but they did not do their job at all! We encourage learning at home, but the two years that my daughter was at this school, she dropped in every single level of learning. Her math skills got worse, she lost levels in reading. This is the type of school that seems happy to just let kids slide by as long as they are likable kids.

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers & staff are a great bunch of people. This is just a really great school to have kids go too. The teachers are great to help a parent out if they have any questions or concerns about their child or homework. Great school.

Posted August 09, 2007
West Valley has close to 30 teachers. My children have had about half of them over the last 6 years. Our family couldn't be happier with the support and concern we have had for our children. Mrs. Hopf has been very understanding and receptive when we have come to talk to her. We highly reccommend West Valley El. to other families!

Posted August 07, 2007
with the exception of mrs. watson (kindergarten teacher) the teachers and principal don't care enough. when a situation arose that i needed my daughter's teacher to take care of, i was ignored. when i took the matter to the principal, i was again ignored. my kids will not be going to this school again.

West Valley School 5

Posted March 15, 2007
I have been a teacher at West Valley Elementary for four years now. This is a school where the principal, staff, and parents all work together to support each other in doing what's best for the children. All grade level teams collaborate on a regular basis with the principal to improve student learning. The school's environment is a positive, enriching, and very supportive environment to work in. I love my school!!!

West Valley School
6049 West Brud Dr, West Valley City, UT  84128
Last modified West Valley School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Valley School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top