Woods Cross, UT
Students enrolled: 1,286

Posted January 21, 2014
As a student, I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Woods Cross. Well-known for their academic excellence, their other accolades are nothing to scoff at either. As always, the music program goes above and beyond expectations, usually sweeping the board in state competitions. WX claims a sizable agriculture department, something that nearby high schools can't boast of. Honors and AP enrollment has reached nearly 50% of the students. Athletics have really picked up in the last couple of years. Extracurricular activities, including service opportunities are stressed. What I personally loved the most about Woods Cross were the feelings of unity, school spirit, and inclusion. Despite the wide range of economic backgrounds, it felt as if we were all treated the same, as respectable students of WX High School. It is a very disciplinary school, but still more lax than some junior highs I attended. After having also attended Bountiful High for a semester, I can attest to the superior friendliness and acceptance that the student body of WX tended to show. My only complaint would be about the smaller size of the building and the outdated style, two things Bountiful holds over Woods Cross.

Posted August 17, 2012
Although this is a great school for music, band, and orchestra, it falls short in many other areas. It does not have structure. We lived in Murray, Utah for 18 years before moving to North Salt Lake and having two of our kids attend Woods Cross. I suppose that if your student is a good student, they will excel anywhere. But, if they have a small amount of trouble and need help with anything, don't plan on getting help from the teachers at this school! Also, the discipline is WAY TOO STRICT for such small little things - i.e., like wearing a hat AFTER school hours! I think administration needs to concentrate on structure and making sure that the kids are understanding the subjects rather than bullying the students. That's right, teachers and administration BULLY the students! Also, I don't understand why the PTA doesn't have parents get more involved in the day to day association with teachers and students.

Posted April 17, 2012
A very Great and fun school the band and choir is amazing and the sports are very fun to be a part of, also number 8 on the utah school list by ksl

Woods Cross High School 4

Posted February 29, 2012
Sounds like some parents here aren't taking accountability for their students actions. My kids did fine. They worked hard, were pushed by me to succeed, and did well at this school. Don't blame the teachers and school for your kid failing, being unfocused, not having time for academics. Blame yourself, and your kid. I

Posted October 27, 2011
This school allows students to slip through the cracks. If your child has any kind of learning issues DO NOT SEND THEM TO THIS SCHOOL. Most of the teachers and staff do not follow the district accomodation plans for students with disabilities. One of the teachers actually told me - "well who doesn't have learning disabilities"! If only I could go back in time and send my student to a school that cares.

Posted October 26, 2011
This school has not met the needs of my child. They do not take ADHD seriously and only go through the motions of meeting the district requirements. I have found most teachers are not interested in the success of their students and want to put in the minimal amount of effort possible. The faculty is even worse. They punish students severely for very minor issues - there focus is way off. Suspending a struggling student is crazy - put them in detention (but that would require more work for the school). I have two more children and there is no way they will attend this terrible school.

Posted September 03, 2011
While my child is happy at this school, I am not impressed by it. Extracurricular activities are emphasized too much, even at the expense of academic progress. The amount of time required for many extracurricular activities is also too much. It undermines my child's focus on academic progress, does not allow adequate time for homework and leaves my child constantly sleep deprived. Further, teachers and counselors alike ignore, or don't enforce, academic or citizenship standards. Students are allowed to slip though the cracks.

Posted September 02, 2011
I am a shopmore at woods cross and I love it I think that the teachers and students there are amazing! WXHS ruels!!!!!

Posted April 05, 2011
This is a great school that excels in almost every single department that a high school could have. This includes music, math, science, english, history, athletics, and art. What an amazing place.

Posted August 23, 2010
Woods Cross is an excellent school! It has an amazing fine arts program, and it has a good supportive administration.

Woods Cross High School
600 West 2200 South, Woods Cross, UT  84087
Last modified Woods Cross High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woods Cross High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top