Arlington, VT

Posted March 15, 2015
This is an awesome school. There are over 80 kids now. The school is drawing people to move to Sunderland, where the tax rates are the LOWEST in the local area. Much lower than Manchester and Dorset by far - yet we're in the shadow of Manchester where the kids have school choice after 6th grade and can go to Burr and Burton Academy. Don't believe that bad review - look at the spelling mistakes in the writing and ask yourself about the education level of the writer. The school was renovated a few years ago by a "Community Build Day" where 135 of the town's 800 residents got together to install a new playground, paint the school, put in a soccer and baseball field, and rework the basketball court. Their technology program is nearly 1:1 now, for the upper elementary grades. I'm lucky to have my kids going there. The curriculum has been progressively improved and test scores are high. Awesome school, small class sizes, lots of activities, great teachers, and personal attention for kids.

Sunderland Elementary School 1

Posted July 17, 2012
I have a special needs child he is one of three of my children that intend Sunderland .I have nothing good to say about any programs this school has to offer for special needs children.I choice this school before melody troy was there and since all I have seen is program after program gone all in four years, Parents unhappy,cover ups, mistreatment and bullying from staff to are children example a teacher taping a student mouth shut parent told me she removed her child ,another teacher telling your children not to tell what happen in class when they bully your child that was what happen to my son, and a principles telling your child to shut up heard with my own to ears when volunteering in the library. Open up your eyes people talk to your children, other parents and form workers .This year I only have two children left in Sunderland and I am working on moving them to another school at this time so they have the education they deserve and respect.

Posted June 22, 2012
This is a great school with a great support staff. My step son is enrolled there and he's been making a lot of very good progress. The previous school's he attended were unable or unwilling to work with him due to his special needs. The principle Melody Troy works very closely with the students and staff and it show's. I actually purchased a home in this district specifically for the purpose of having my children educated there.

Posted June 08, 2011
This is an amazing school, with teachers that love their jobs and their students. The principal knocks herself out for these kids! The community is great as well.

Sunderland Elementary School

Posted October 03, 2009
It's a small school with lots of personal attention, and it's the school my little grandson attends.

Posted January 27, 2009
A wonderful school! Low ratios, great small community! Worth relocating for!

Sunderland Elementary School
98 Bear Ridge Rd, Arlington, VT  05250
Last modified Sunderland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunderland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top