Bad
Good

My 2 children went through Barre Town School and were solidly prepared for high school. Both are following an honors and AP curriculum. The school offers a Spanish test for the kids to enter high school with credit for Spanish 1. It's a very nice school community serving a diverse population.

Academically, this school is good. Socially it needs major work. We have had trouble with bullying for multiple years with almost NO help from the school. Teachers are not trained in how to recognize what is/is not bullying and need sensitivity training. The Principal wants to project the school as a "wonderful community" but is quite self-important & does not want to hear negative things that may reflect poorly on himself. The Superintendent told us our child should punch another child in the nose to get bullying to stop! It is disappointing that bullying and blatant RACISM happen here but because it is whispered it is not disciplined. It should not be a well kept secret that bullying occurs at Barre Town, own it, deal with it, make the changes. We should not have to contemplate moving so our child feels safe at school

I am a previous student of BTEMS. I would NOT send my own child to this school. While I was there, I felt unsupported in my academics. When I asked for help, I rarely received it. My friends and I were treated horribly by both students and faculty. I had a few decent teachers, but not enough to make me consider sending my child to this school. If anything, this school has taught me that when it comes to my childs education, he will receive it at a private school

If i could rate this school a .5 I would. As a former student I would rather switch districts or pay a private school to teach my children that send them here. Despite have a few decent teachers, i always fwas left behind because "i came from a background that wasn't going to get me anywhere" that isn't something you tell a 7th grade student.

my kids went the, we moved to Barre Town for the school, my daughter moved back for it and my grand kids are going to Barre Town

I have nothing but good things to say about Barre Town. Excellent and nationally recognized leadership, an overall understanding and accomodating staff. I have four children at BTMES, one with an IEP. I believe they have played a large part in helping them achieve to their highest potential.

I have had two children go to this school and one has an IEP. I had nothing but complete cooperation from the staff with meeting requests and follow up. They really care about the kids and their success. Kudos to this school. :)

This is a a great school. The environment is awesome, and the staff are excellent. Barre Town continually posts great test scores, and has many great teams: basketball, football, field hockey, soccer, and golf and tennis teams are in the works. The school has two spelling teams, a very active drama club, student council, homework club, an advanced language class which challenges many brighter students, and a very good para-education staff. Barre Town thoroughly prepares it's students for High School, and is arguably much better than Barre City School.

I think that children benefit from routine and the administrators at Barre Town understand this. They do not allow 'parties' in the classroom. It is very hard for the kids to concentrate when they know at 2:00 they get to have a party. My daughter did get upset at first, but now is fine with it. I like that the kids are not filled full of sugar and sent home. The only issue I have is that although I know it is a large school...more concerts/skits after hours would be great! I feel my child is getting a quality education and her skills prove it.

Last modified Barre Town Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.