Barre, VT

Barre Town Elementary School 2

Posted June 07, 2012
Academically, this school is good. Socially it needs major work. We have had trouble with bullying for multiple years with almost NO help from the school. Teachers are not trained in how to recognize what is/is not bullying and need sensitivity training. The Principal wants to project the school as a "wonderful community" but is quite self-important & does not want to hear negative things that may reflect poorly on himself. The Superintendent told us our child should punch another child in the nose to get bullying to stop! It is disappointing that bullying and blatant RACISM happen here but because it is whispered it is not disciplined. It should not be a well kept secret that bullying occurs at Barre Town, own it, deal with it, make the changes. We should not have to contemplate moving so our child feels safe at school

Posted March 19, 2011
I am a previous student of BTEMS. I would NOT send my own child to this school. While I was there, I felt unsupported in my academics. When I asked for help, I rarely received it. My friends and I were treated horribly by both students and faculty. I had a few decent teachers, but not enough to make me consider sending my child to this school. If anything, this school has taught me that when it comes to my childs education, he will receive it at a private school

Posted March 19, 2011
If i could rate this school a .5 I would. As a former student I would rather switch districts or pay a private school to teach my children that send them here. Despite have a few decent teachers, i always fwas left behind because "i came from a background that wasn't going to get me anywhere" that isn't something you tell a 7th grade student.

Barre Town Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
my kids went the, we moved to Barre Town for the school, my daughter moved back for it and my grand kids are going to Barre Town

Posted May 26, 2009

Posted February 06, 2009
I have nothing but good things to say about Barre Town. Excellent and nationally recognized leadership, an overall understanding and accomodating staff. I have four children at BTMES, one with an IEP. I believe they have played a large part in helping them achieve to their highest potential.

Posted July 02, 2008

Barre Town Elementary School 4

Posted May 03, 2008

Posted May 03, 2008

Posted September 10, 2007
I have had two children go to this school and one has an IEP. I had nothing but complete cooperation from the staff with meeting requests and follow up. They really care about the kids and their success. Kudos to this school. :)

Barre Town Elementary School
70 Websterville Rd, Barre, VT  05641
Last modified Barre Town Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barre Town Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top