Central Vermont Academy 4

Posted April 20, 2014
Central Vermont Academy is a school that is one family where parents are involved with all the children not just their own for they want all to succeed the teachers are willing to go the extra mile. Great leadership. A lot of parents donate their time and talents to ensure success of the children and school. I would recommend CENTRAL VERMONT ACADEMY if you are looking for a school where the children can feel safe and belonging to an extended family enviroment

Posted April 18, 2014
I am teaching at CVA this year. I teach English for 9-12, Fine Arts and Outdoor Education. I am loving it! The students enjoy being there and the Christian atmosphere is seen and felt throughout the staff, volunteers, parents and students. We have had a grat time this year hiking, rock climbing, snow shoeing, sledding and lots more. As a teacher, I truly care about my students and love to see them really enjoy something we are working on. In Fine Arts some of the students are making commercials for our advertising study and their talents are really shining through. With a small school you really get to know each other and have more flexibility in learning opportunities. We have sat out in a field on a beautiful nature journaling. The new principal truly seems to love working with the students and is very caring and a great leader. He leads with Christ in his heart and actions. The other teachers make working at CVA a joy and a blessing. They are talented and always willing to pitch in with a smile. May God bless your search for education for your child and if it is His will that your child attend CVA they will truly be blessed to learn in a safe, caring and fun environment.

Posted April 08, 2014
As a pastor, I have been involved in many schools. Central Vermont Academy is among the best I've been involved with over the years. Upon first contact , the outstanding Spirit of the school stood out as a testimony that God is working in every way to bring blessing. I'm proud of everyone who is part of this great school.

Posted April 07, 2014
CVA has been a wonderful experience for our child! We would recommend it to any parent looking for a special experience. The school has so many wonderful programs and outings throughout the year. Our child LOVES CVA and considers everyone there "family". It's a place where kids care about each other and the staff and volunteers care about the kids. This is a rare thing in todays society. I am so glad that we decided to send our child to CVA!

Central Vermont Academy 1

Posted November 11, 2013
I attended CVA for four years. For the last year that I attended, new members were added to the faculty and policy was changed. The school was filled with hypocritical, two faced people who were only out to cover up their own mistakes by putting the blame on others around them. The faculty members were reprobate frauds who couldn't own up to their own errors. The quality of curriculum was very poor and the experience in the classroom was unexceptional. Instead of providing the valuable education which is needed to progress beyond secondary school, students were blamed and held responsible for the areas in which they were lacking; meaning the areas in which they were never taught. Many teachers acted out immaturely when their abilities to teach were questioned. Aside from all this, I was very disappointed with the school for falsely advertising. The main reason I continued to come back to this school was for programs which were always promoted, and then never offered. I graduated from CVA but in a very unhappy, disappointed state. I can't think of anything that would make me recommend this school to anyone. If you want quality, don't send your kids here.

Posted November 15, 2010
I attended Central Vermanot Academy for 5 years, and I loved it. The close nit "family" enviornment was welcoming and excepting. The new staff is great. They are always wecoming and encorage students to bring other friends to school events. I would always tell parents that CVA is a school you would want your children to go to. I made long lasting friends that I still have in college. CVA is a great place to grow.

Posted October 20, 2010
I have sent all three of my children to this school and I am so thankful for their experiences here! The christian leadership, academics, hands-on experiences like work study programs and mission trips are all excellent. This school is like a family and they really show they care about all the students.

Central Vermont Academy 0

Posted March 23, 2010
I went to cva for 6 years. 4 in grade school and 2 in high school. It is a good school, you will make lasting friends and have fun. The teachers care about you and want you to do your best. If your thinking about going to cva, try it for at least a year!

Posted March 13, 2010
2009-2010 school year - With a new principal, I would give this school an A+. As a grandparent of a boarded student, the school has provides alot of weekend activities for students who don't go home every weekend. The coricullum is fantastic and I am so pleased with entire attitude of the school. Many new students this year, and, with the leadership CVA now has, I would certainly recommend this school to anyone who wants their child to grow up learning about our Lord and the love He has for all.

Central Vermont Academy 3

Posted March 15, 2009

Central Vermont Academy
317 Vine Street, Barre, VT  05641
Last modified Central Vermont Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Central Vermont Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top