Bad
Good

Monument School 2

Posted February 02, 2016
This is our child's last year at Monument, and it has been an uneven experience. There are still a few very good teachers at the school, however over the past few years many of the staff have left the school. We live in a small community, and those teachers and staff who left are more than happy to share that they left because of the principal. We have found her to be condescending, rude, and inflexible. Her awkward leadership style at school plays and other functions is also troubling, as many parents can be seen rolling their eyes and crossing their arms while she speaks. In a very few years since her arrival, the school's test scores have plummeted. I can't say enough about the decline of the school due to it's poor leadership over the past few years.

Monument School 5

Posted January 30, 2008
My kids are so happy at this school. One of my children has be able to attend K-5 and each year we have been so satisfied with the teachers, mix of kids, and the curriculum. I think the experience is even better as my other children go through.

Monument School 4

Posted January 09, 2007
We are new to Bennington. This is our first year at Monument. My children love to go to school. They love their 5th and 6th grade teachers!! That is what is most important to me!

Monument School 5

Posted April 15, 2005
I think this school is great. The smaller classes helped both my kids to do well. The staff is very friendly and my kids love this school. I like the idea of knowing how will be my kids teacher the next year because there is one class per grade. They dont have alot of after school stuff. But they are working on that.

Monument School
66 Main St, Bennington, VT  05201
Last modified Monument School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monument School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top