PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

awful daycare. "probably the only option in the area better than homeschooling " is bias of the writer against public schools. really, as a licensed educator I do not recommend this facility.

We love Neighborhood Schoolhouse. Our daughter has gone there for preschool for one year, and it's been a really great experience for her. We love the philosophy of the school, which truly honors and respects the students as people. We love that the students are taught those same values, to honor and respect one another, and given skills to make those values a reality. They spend a lot of time outside every day, and their outside space is incredible. Their inside space is nice, and filled with rich activities-- the offerings change daily. The students always seem to be engaged, excited, and happy. We also really enjoy the community of students and parents, who are all very nice, welcoming, and grounded. I don't have a lot of experience with the elementary program. but I have spent some time tutoring there, and again it seems like a really great program. The students are all amazing, interesting people and are always engaged in interesting projects and activities. I doubt I'll be able to afford to send my daughter there after preschool, but if I could I would, since I have great confidence in the teachers and the school. The school does not have a principal right now.

The Neighborhood Schoolhouse is a fantastic mix of outdoorsy play, community development and education. The kids are always outside, being guided through interactions as well as allowed to find their own corners to explore. They read, they sing, they play, they cook, they paint! I recommend it to all parents looking for a good place to care for their children as well as a place for them to be educated. My older 2 children now thrive in public school and I know it is in part due to their guidance and education while at NSH in the preschool grades. Thank you NSH!

What can I say other than my daughter is thriving? The teachers are magical - they seem to be up on all the most current and effective methodologies (and more importantly, they make school a fun experience). The kids all get along, which is rare and wonderful. They spend a ton of time outside, playing, and exploring. It's hands down the best option for my daughter, and probably the only option in the area better than homeschooling.

terrible daycare. based on interesting philosophy, but unresponsive to feedback for positive growth from many professional parents (including an attorney). the public schools are far better. classism among staff members, especially administration. over priced.

This school is wonderful! It has a high level of integrity beginning with the preschool age kids. They are very community oriented and have an all school sing, spend lots of time together outdoors and learn life long skills in communication, creativity and academics.

Last modified Neighborhood Schoolhouse is a Private school that serves grades PK-6