The Baird School 5

Posted April 09, 2014
The Baird School is a great resource for children who don't "fit in" to the mainstream school. Staff are extremely supportive and have taken the time to work with my son on his social challenges as well as to encourage/support him in the academic areas. He has grown tremendously in his 1 year while at the Baird School. Yes, the school does have kids with challenging behaviors and the staff know how to work with these kids and bring out their positive attributes.

The Baird School 1

Posted May 06, 2010
I called an ACT 264 meeting when my son's school said that he would have to go to Baird.I had been accessing services with them since my son was 4 1/2; now he is in their school at the age of 7, & he is falling behind in in the educational piece, particularly in reading, which the public school had said he was excelling at in kindergarten. Baird not only won't verbally acknowledge this loss of learning, but also would not back me when I asked for help following the discovery that his father was using reading & writing to punish him for misbehavior. They have a room for out of control kids,brick and windowless, which they send my son to & say its not working, yet they state that he doesn't need more help. God help you if you are a poor mom looking to help your child here.

The Baird School 4

Posted January 10, 2008
My son was pushed to the back of the classroom in a mainstream school before he was ADHD and had a speech development delayment, at Baird he has just come right out of shell, he is reading and writing and social and I am so happy! It has been a wonderful experience!

The Baird School