Integrated Arts Academy At H. O. Wheeler 5

Posted December 19, 2014
Our daughter is in her 3rd year at IAA and we all feel that it's a great fit for her. The teachers are all very caring and creative. The school takes any issues that are important to you as a parent or important to the child seriously and works jointly to resolve any concerns/issues. The PTO is highly engaged and comes up with wonderful events for the students and families throughout the school year. We have schools that are closer to our home, but this school continues to impress us. The focus is on integrated the arts (music, dance, visual arts, drama and creative writing) in to all disciplines of learning. The students are given the opportunity to move, interact with their peers and be creative all day. If your child likes to focus quietly on a project, there is time for that as well. The Monday and Friday full school gatherings are a wonderful example of the school's energy and definitely check those out when considering this school for your child.

Integrated Arts Academy At H. O. Wheeler 5

Posted June 29, 2013
My children have attended both Edmunds and the Integrated Arts Academy. There is lice at both schools. I can attest to that. There is lice in many schools in Vermont (I know friends in Underhill, South Burlington, Williston and beyond who've encountered lice) and across the country, including in very hoity-toity schools in California (except the parents there can afford to pay people to pick out their kids' lice. Really).

Integrated Arts Academy At H. O. Wheeler 1

Posted October 02, 2011
I went here and it was terrible!I was bullied by a girl and I only made one friend.The girl who bullied me eventually ended up finding my phone number,calling me,and threatning me.There is also a HUGE lice problem,everybody there has it,I had it for six months because whenever I got rid of it,I got it again.I transfered to edmunds and was much happier.

Integrated Arts Academy At H. O. Wheeler 4

Posted January 14, 2005
- a former student
Although many people think of H.O. Wheeler as a bad school and a bad environment, I completely disagree. H.O. Wheeler gets the best teachers and the most funding of all the elementary schools in Burlington. The reason many people think of it poorly is because most parents don't get involved. I graduated from H.O. Wheeler years ago and now I am a Sophmore at Burlington High School with national test scores in the top 1%, a GPA of 3.5, and I take all honors and AP clases, including a college course called 'Religious and Philosophic Perspective on Human Experience.' I credit most of my success and desire to learn to the wonderful educators at H.O. Wheeler Elementary School. I was always encouraged to try new things, and the teachers let you work at your own pace. The extracurricular programs there are also wonderful and educational.

Integrated Arts Academy At H. O. Wheeler
6 Archibald St, Burlington, VT  05401
Last modified Integrated Arts Academy At H. O. Wheeler is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Integrated Arts Academy At H. O. Wheeler Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top