Bad
Good

I am a graduate of Chelsea High School and I had four children go to school there for 5 years. Chelsea is limited in its offerings, to be sure. By the time we left, there were no longer AP classes offered. However, one of the benefits of going to a place like Chelsea is that the kids who play varsity basketball, soccer and lacrosse or baseball can also be on the school newspaper and be in the school play. There are many opportunities for motivated students - unfortunately the culture is not motivating. As far as academics are concerned, my daughter spent her freshman and half of her sophomore year at Chelsea and when she moved to a big school with lots of advanced classes, she found them easy in comparison. Chelsea graduates have gone on to do amazing things - it certainly is what you make of the experience

I am also a graduate of Chelsea High School, while I have never been shy to speak my opinion my name is Tyler Vermette, (I found this site looking for Boys Basketball Articles ps.) I also have a solid understanding of what the gentelman below is speaking about, the school as with any opportunity is all that you put into it. So many kids focus on the negatives within a situation and completely miss out on the positive opportunites that could have been had. I was afforded the ability to take AP courses, I was involved in a variety of sports and community activities as well. For any of those who oppose the values that the school offers they should take a closer look into areas around the country and they will see, Chelsea is unique in its own manner and offers all that a student wants to make of it.

I formally taught science at Chelsea Public School for 14 years. It is a little school with a big heart. While some students might see the smallness as a disadvantage I look at it from a different perspective. In a large school many kids that try out for a team or a spot in the play get cut. In Chelsea everyone gets toets to 'play'. How is that 'liming' opportunities? I taught an AP course for years and my students consistently scored 4's and 5's on the national exam. The girl's lacrosse program consistently is the finest team in the entire state of Vermont and competes against schools with 10 times the number of students. In short, for a school with limited resources available to it, the school and its staff does a great job trying to meet the academic and social/emotional needs of its students.

Wonderful for all three of my children with different learning abilities and desires.

I graduated from CHS in 2005 and might I say I was extremely disappointed with my time at Chelsea. I was there K-12, my entire school career. The high school's curriculm was weak and had very few extra curicular activities. Sports were the only thing anyone could do. The courses were indeed bad. Someone like myself who was interested in working with computers had no courses other than five differnet 'keyboarding' courses to work with. There were very little for art courses as well, the only serious course being the Yearbook Class. Guidance at Chelsea was also sub-par. Steve Kamen, guidance counselor of the time, knew very little of college loans and grants. He told me I was guaranteed a scholarship with Vermont Tech and then, shortly after graduating, was denied the scholarship. If anyone is reading this, I urge you to not go to this school. I recommend a place like Spaulding.

Last modified Chelsea Elementary High School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.