Posted April 13, 2014
As a parent of a student, I would have to say this school is not a good school for your kids. I was told by the principal that I can go to the class room because I record them. They made false reports about me so I record for my safety. They didn't do anything to stop another parent from going out of control in the parking lot in font of the kids. They superintendent of the school didn't call me back and fix this problem. They never told any other parents about it. This isn't what you want for your kids in a school. For the ones that say give proof well here you go.

Concord Schools 5

Posted October 21, 2013
This school is great! Although many people would like to close the school (i.e. mostly parents of students that don't go to Concord) Ask the students opinion! The school is small yes! So what does that mean... Better chances of playing sports, teacher, student, and parents all able to communicate and get help, and much more! The majority of students that go to Concord and try hard become successful. All of my family that went to this school and tried hard did great! Of course the school has flaws.. what school doesn't? You see because the school is small it draws more attention to every little detail and flaw, but within a larger school much less attention is drawn to even the larger things. Concord school does not have more or less flaws than any other school, ours just are not hidden. -- A student

Posted July 06, 2013
Unfortunately I agree with the comment that CHS is a poorly run school. My husband was not hired back for the fall as one of the most exceptional Sped teachers in the state. He is dedicated, honest, caring and wants what's best for the kids. But he made it very clear to me that a lot of the teachers there weren't interested in doing what was best for the kids; they didn't want their routine interrupted by a man with over 30 years experience. And it seems that the superintendent had no idea what was going on. It seems he listened to only one side of the story and made his decision not to hire my husband back based on the opinions of poor teachers. It's too bad; CHS could have been something special. Now my husband has no job, the kids have no one to stand up for them or look out for them. Thank you Brian, Mr. Superintendent.

Concord Schools 4

Posted February 25, 2012
The naysayers are unqualified judgemental people presenting no facts to support their allegations.I went to CHS and was accepted at MIT, RPI and Dartmouth with full tuition scholarships offered at each. I o0btained a degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics from MIT. I was given a job in Program Management at Aerojet General on the Minuteman ICBM during the cold - working 6 fday weeks for several years until we matched the USSR in the Cold War.I was also P.M. on numertous other missile motor programs for NASA, Navy and Air Force over a period of 38 years.

Posted June 12, 2011
It is unfortunate to live in an area that offers exceptional educational experiences in both St. Johnsbury and Lyndonville to keep a poorly run school like CHS around. Buildings are below standard quality, course offerings are rudimentary at best, teacher and principal turn-over is high and school board possesses little management and leadership ability.

Concord Schools 5

Posted December 19, 2010
This is a flat out lie. Of course the administration is fully cerified, if not the VT DOE would step right in. This school is not in trouble. The Middle School and Elementary teachers are excellent.The administration is totally dedicated to these kids. There are a coupleof high school teachers who are stirring up a mess, as well as a couple of out of control parents.

Posted October 22, 2010
This school is in real trouble. Very unhappy students and parents. School board and other administration are out of control. Principal and v. principal are not even certified. Being pushed through by the superintendant

Concord Schools
173 School St, Concord, VT  05824
Last modified Concord Schools is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Concord Schools Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top